Verys Arkon's Character Booklet (v2) New 1 page version beta.

Verys Arkon

First Post
I love power cards, but they do eat up a lot of table space!

Try this: a 8.5 x 5.5 character booklet incorporating a powers reference sheet. Enjoy!
(A4 sized)

If you like it, feel free to give me XP :D

Oct 19.08 Now a form-fill enabled version and auto-calculating version are available (letter sized only for now).

Comments welcome for future development.

Verys Arkon

Edit: Updated Oct 28
Edit: Updated Dec 4 - A one page version (beta) is ready for comments.
http://www.enworld.org/forum/4570709-post47.html

Attachments

• Power Reference Sheet v02.pdf
    79.2 KB · Views: 882
  • Verys Arkon's Character Booklet V2 (form fill Beta1_2).pdf
    947.7 KB · Views: 493
  • Verys Arkon's Character Booklet V2 (auto v1_2).pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 654
Last edited:

I like this Verys. In fact as much as I like the Power Cards I too am finding space a factor.

This looks as if it could easily be the inside of a booklet character sheet (landscape 8x11). Any possibility of you making a booklet style character sheet?

Now that's future development :p LOL Thanks for this.

Verys Arkon

First Post
Ask and ye shall receive!

Here is a first draft of an 8.5x11 booklet character sheet that incorporates the powers reference sheet above. Print double-sided (note you may have to rotate your paper 180 degrees when you put the paper in your printer for the second side, depending on your model). Fold in half and staple if desired.

Looking for comments for version 2 before I upload it to the downloads section.

Cheers,
Verys

EDIT: Version 2 available for review

Last edited:

EldritchFire

First Post

Here is a first draft of an 8.5x11 booklet character sheet that incorporates the powers reference sheet above. Print double-sided (note you may have to rotate your paper 180 degrees when you put the paper in your printer for the second side, depending on your model). Fold in half and staple if desired.

Cheers,
Verys

Wow, stellar work, Verys! No improvement comments yet. I'm gonna see if anyone wants to use it tomorrow during our game. I'll get back to you with feedback if we use it.

-EF

Here is a first draft of an 8.5x11 booklet character sheet that incorporates the powers reference sheet above.

Cheers,
Verys

First impression... AWESOME! Really and truly awesome. It's a space saver, easy to read and functional. The Abilities with the Skills... brilliant. I also like that space hasn't been throw to the wind for a Dungeon & Dragon's 4E logo (I "have been" :D using Shado's so I love his color transitions... I for one would love a colour option).

Suggestions: I'd love to see page 3 on page 8. I envision wanting a very quick ref. turning over as the game goes on. I'm a card user, but I think the middle powers page is as useful.

This may be asking much but how about placing Init under the AC/F/R/W on page one?

I know space is an issue, but I would really like to see your Hit point section on page 1 with the APs.

I'd love to see this on 8x14 (legal) paper but know that many don't have access to that... and it would defeat the hope of space saving.

Quirky Suggestion: I'd also love to have Kiznit's "Equipped Items" drawing on page 6, but that's pushing it :)

All in all, what you've offered the community is something special and different. I'll be using this, or v2 this holiday weekend (yup Canadian) to put it to the test.

Last edited:

Sorry to double post, but I've been filling this sheet out... and indeed it is worthy of "awesome". I suggested above to place page 3 on page 8, I'm not sure if this what I am really trying to say.

If you could get the Initiative, HP and AP section on page 1 then all would be great and very practical for quick reference. Maybe the solution is going to a smaller font size for the Ability/Skills, and placing the overland scores in place of the Speed calculations?

So I've come to the conclusion that page 8 as is is indeed smart and purposeful.

Verys Arkon

First Post
Sorry to double post, but I've been filling this sheet out... and indeed it is worthy of "awesome". I suggested above to place page 3 on page 8, I'm not sure if this what I am really trying to say.

If you could get the Initiative, HP and AP section on page 1 then all would be great and very practical for quick reference. Maybe the solution is going to a smaller font size for the Ability/Skills, and placing the overland scores in place of the Speed calculations?

So I've come to the conclusion that page 8 as is is indeed smart and purposeful.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you like it so far. I'm working on v1.1 now, including adding initiative to the Quick Reference section.

I'm not sure I'll move the full HP/AP sections. The way I envisioned using the booklet was modelled around the 'modes' presented in the DMG. While in combat, you would only need to look at pages 2/3 and the powers on 4/5. If I move HP/AP to page 1, then that introduces more page-flipping. During combat, you likely wouldn't be using the info on page 1 as it is currently.

I don't know about how others use their sheets, but I've noticed that a lot of players will keep a tally of the current HP on a scrap paper, and transfer it to the character sheet at the end of a session. Too much erasing makes thin spots or even holes! With this in mind, I'm not sure devoting a lot of space on page 1 to Current HP is worth it??

Page 1/8 were for exploration and roleplaying modes. I added the Quick reference as a 'just in case' time-saver.

I like Kiznit's 'Equipped' diagram too, but I traded artistic beauty for space to make notes about powers of the magic items. Maybe I'll figure out a way to get form and function here.

Keep your eye out for v1.1! I'll definiatly be making use of the feedback.

EDIT: Maybe I should move page 3 to page 1, page 2 to page 8, so all the combat stats are on the 'cover'. If you open the booklet at the 'seem', page 4/5, then you could flip the whole booklet over for the powers?

Last edited:

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you like it so far. I'm working on v1.1 now, including adding initiative to the Quick Reference section.

I'm not sure I'll move the full HP/AP sections. The way I envisioned using the booklet was modelled around the 'modes' presented in the DMG. While in combat, you would only need to look at pages 2/3 and the powers on 4/5. If I move HP/AP to page 1, then that introduces more page-flipping. During combat, you likely wouldn't be using the info on page 1 as it is currently.

I don't know about how others use their sheets, but I've noticed that a lot of players will keep a tally of the current HP on a scrap paper, and transfer it to the character sheet at the end of a session. Too much erasing makes thin spots or even holes! With this in mind, I'm not sure devoting a lot of space on page 1 to Current HP is worth it??

Page 1/8 were for exploration and roleplaying modes. I added the Quick reference as a 'just in case' time-saver.

I like Kiznit's 'Equipped' diagram too, but I traded artistic beauty for space to make notes about powers of the magic items. Maybe I'll figure out a way to get form and function here. ...

EDIT: Maybe I should move page 3 to page 1, page 2 to page 8, so all the combat stats are on the 'cover'. If you open the booklet at the 'seem', page 4/5, then you could flip the whole booklet over for the powers?

I like the rational, makes much better sense to me. I usually end up with the eraser hole ... mark of honour :p but you're right, most probably don't do it that way. I particularly like the idea of 3 to 1, maybe with name & class and ... hahahaah ... some credit to D&D with some tiny icon :)

Remove ads