Video review of Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes.

pukunui

Legend
I watched the video without sound. Did he skip over the elf subrace pages on purpose?

Also, it's a bit disappointing to see so many art pieces recycled from Tomb of Annihilation.

bleezy

First Post
I was looking over the video frame by frame and noticed that demon lords stats have been changed, *every* demon lord has reduced HP, and both Baphomet and Graz'zt had the damage of some attacks reduced.

I do think it's ok if the cunning and mobile demon lords like Graz'zt have reduced hp, but it saddens me greatly to see savage melee combatants without legendary action teleportation like Demogorgon and Baphomet with reduced hp. :-(

Last edited:

I was looking over the video frame by frame and noticed that demon lords stats have been changed, *every* demon lord has reduced HP, and both Baphomet and Graz'zt had the damage of some attacks reduced.

I do think it's ok if the cunning and mobile demon lords like Graz'zt have reduced hp, but it saddens me greatly to see savage melee combatants without legendary action teleportation like Demogorgon and Baphomet with reduced hp. :-(

I think their math was edited to match their CR's

Quickly checking Baphomet was CR 25 in Out of the Abyss math wise.

Last edited:

gyor

Legend
WTF did they do to Sorrowsworn?

They are nothing like 4e, I'm really curious about their fluff now, they look more like creepy horror movie mutant monsters.

Noticed the Elder Evils section after the Star Spawn.

Loved the Deathlocks, great servants for any pact and adds a level of horror to Warlock PC.

Not happy with the Eldarin monster section, I wss expecting Ghaele, hell even 4e had a type of Ghaele. Its just generic Winter, Summer, Autumn, Spring Eldarin.

gyor

Legend
He really had the talent to skip over most racial enties for players and happened to only show those we already knew of...
Maybe wotc asked him to not show them off.

That could be its unfortunate because its the parts most players are looking forward to the most, although I think Warlocks searching for Patron ideas will be happy with this book.

Remove ads