• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

VILLAINS - Marvel Minions

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Hrmmm....

I'd really like to play Madcap (though in M&M terms he'd have something like Regeneration 20). 'Course, if he were to be used, his "fellow villains" would need some way to protect themselves from his "Make you Loony" gaze.
Reason for 'Adventuring': To spread chaos & madness, and to make others see just how irrational the world truly is. He may not even realize what he's doing -- he may think the whole thing's a dream or part of a "Prison Play."

2nd choice: Basilisk
Reason for Adventuring: He's boastful, arrogant, and headstrong -- but is still little more than a common, everyday, petty criminal (even with all his powers). Believed killed by the super-villain killed Scourge, Basilisk has recently re-surfaced, and plan to bully his way to the top of the criminal elite.

3rd Choice: Will O' The Wisp
Reason for 'Adventuring': Freed from the "leash" placed on him by criminal physicist Dr. Jonas Harrow, Wisp found he actually misses the criminal life he had once been forced in to. Thinking it best to work with a group before going solo, he's hooked up with the others in the team. Depending on how thigns go, he may stay with them, or strike off on his own.

By the by, Machinesmith has been seen (relatively) recently in the comics, in Thunderbolts, as has Klaw. Hydroman, Trapper, and the Wizard have all appeared in the F4 comic over the past few months. Unus the Untocuhable was last seen on Genosha, shortly after Cassandra Nova sent an army of Sentinels to go exterminate all life on it (the Sentinels couldn't get through his force field). Mesmero's been in the Weapon X comics (along with Sauron and Wild Child).

I'm not really sure Super-Skrull'd be a C-Tier villain -- he's taken on the F4 on many occassions, and won on several of them. Goblyn Queen definitely isn't C-Tier, given her range & potency of powers & her impotance in the MU.

Mad Thinker'd be hard to do, since his body's in prison, but he can project his consciousness into any robotic body he's made -- and he's made a lot of 'em.

By the by, what PL will this be at, and will there be any House Rules? Will PC's be allowed to have Powers at a rank higher than their PL (ex.: if at PL 10, could I still have Madcaps's Regeneration at rank 20?).

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Hand of Vecna said:
I'm not really sure Super-Skrull'd be a C-Tier villain -- he's taken on the F4 on many occasions, and won on several of them.

Agreed... Mimics are a nightmare in M&M anyhow. :uhoh:

Hand of Vecna said:
Goblyn Queen definitely isn't C-Tier, given her range & potency of powers & her impotance in the MU.

Agreed, the list was mostly for myself anyhow... but I figured I might as well get everyone's opinions... Even if we go with mutants I would rather chose Black Queen or Candra rather than GQ.

My character will probably be chosen based upon whom everyone else goes with... I think even good villain team up needs to have a certain hated foe, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

For an anti-arachnoid team, I'm really *liking* the idea of Spider-Woman, I can see her teaming up with some other known villains, hence foes of Spiderman, so that she can strike out on her own and away from Doc Ock. (Maybe prove herself to him.)

But I also like a lot of the ideas it's just a matter of other players deciding if there will be a common theme or not. :)

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Lots of replies... looking GOOD for getting a game going!
Here's lots of replies. ;)

Nuke261 said:
Blacklash or Shocker.

Velmont said:
Electro is in your list of playable, but ont sandman.
Man, I have it! Dumb I didn't thought of it before. It would be cool to play the guy with the whip in the kingpin story (Think he is called Montana, but not sure... will have to re read the story, that's sad :) ). No power, but all in style. :cool:

yeah - in my opinion of the normal continuity of Spidey Sandman has been very active and Electro, Shocker, and Vulture (which appeared around the same time as Sandman and Doc Ock) seem to be lesser tiered to me.
I could be wrong.

Funny - Montana was a part of a team of circus/rodeo like guys that were the Kingpin's thugs. I'm sure I have info on him somewhere if you can't find anything.

GrayPumpkin said:
I think I’ll go with Batroc. .

Awesome choice!!

quill said:
I'm definitely in and I'd like to try either Porcupine or (if his death and any plot ideas make that too difficult) Eel II. Tarantula is very tempting as well :) But not sure if we want two fighting feet guys in the group. The chracterizations of each are as I mentioned previously.

Equally Awesome!
I'd prefer you go with Procupine, but Eel is great too. I agree with you about Tarantula - but in a way it might be interesting.

Brother Shatterstone said:
One last question their seems to be little common enemy... err hero in all the selected characters past. Is that okay or do you want everyone to come from say Spiderman’s rogue galley?

nope - no commone enemy specifically... it'll be cool for you to roleplay with/about Spidey or other heroes between one another, but it's not at all about any one hero.

I'd narrow down your choices to the following...
The others (IMHO) are too powerful, not C-tier or not exciting to me.

Spider-Woman In case we go "hate Spidy" and you really dislike the next idea... ;) :lol:

Typhoid Mary In case we go Daredevil....

Diamondback you said something about Captain America right? ;)

Okay the Marvel Directory died when I was doing this so this list is for me also... I'll look through them in the MD when it comes back up. The rap sheet website isn't as good but at least you know your dealing with villains. :)

If you google Marvel Super Heroes RPG you may find some good web sites with note on characters too.

Hand of Vecna said:
I'd really like to play Madcap (though in M&M terms he'd have something like Regeneration 20). 'Course, if he were to be used, his "fellow villains" would need some way to protect themselves from his "Make you Loony" gaze.

2nd choice: Basilisk

3rd Choice: Will O' The Wisp

By the by, what PL will this be at, and will there be any House Rules? Will PC's be allowed to have Powers at a rank higher than their PL (ex.: if at PL 10, could I still have Madcaps's Regeneration at rank 20?).

those three rock!

I'll put together the rules for character creation and such soon.
At first I was checking to see if there's interest - and looks like there is!

For an anti-arachnoid team, I'm really *liking* the idea of Spider-Woman,

But I also like a lot of the ideas it's just a matter of other players deciding if there will be a common theme or not. :)

I dig the feel of Spider-Woman...

again
No need for common theme.
the common theme will be someone gathering you all...... you've all been targeted to shape you into a team for crime.
That's all I'll say now.

any more?
-kev-

Velmont

First Post
Kevin Perrine said:
Funny - Montana was a part of a team of circus/rodeo like guys that were the Kingpin's thugs. I'm sure I have info on him somewhere if you can't find anything.

At first I was checking to see if there's interest - and looks like there is!

-kev-

What I know of Montana is coming from Ultimate Spider-man. We see him in Learning Curve and in Cats and Kings. So I have some information, but if you find some more, give it to me. He is always seen with Ox and Dan, three thugs working for Mr Big, a minion of Fisk. In these three, he is not only the one with the best style, but he got more nerves and seems brigther than his two companion.

If the game start, he will be my first choice, and for now, I see no C-tier villain other than him who interest me.

I think tommorow, I'll read a bit, to see how to make him.

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Velmont said:
What I know of Montana is coming from Ultimate Spider-man. We see him in Learning Curve and in Cats and Kings. So I have some information, but if you find some more, give it to me. He is always seen with Ox and Dan, three thugs working for Mr Big, a minion of Fisk. In these three, he is not only the one with the best style, but he got more nerves and seems brigther than his two companion.

If the game start, he will be my first choice, and for now, I see no C-tier villain other than him who interest me.

I think tommorow, I'll read a bit, to see how to make him.

Cool.
I forgot he was in the Ultimate Spidey book...

No... everything I have is from their original appearances (which is WHY he's a cool C-teir villain!)
I think I have stats and background info on him (and his pals) for the old Marvel system - that will help things.
When I find it I'll post it - tomorrow likely...

nice choice.
-kev-

Radiant

First Post
@Broher Shatterstone: Me's not so sure Candra could be considered a minor villain. She doesn't have many appearances but she is still an external, those nearly match Apocalypse in power (he's one of them Afterall).
But you got me a great idea. Searching through New Orleans thieves and assasins guild for third row characters right now.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Bro Shatterstone: Super-Skrull isn't a Mimic per se -- he has the powers of the F4, yes, but he was given those powers permanently, he didn't get them via Mimicry.

Paibok the Power Skrull'd be more "C-Tier" than the Super-Skrull, though. ;)

Radiant: Apocalypse isn't an External, actually, since all External's are immortal & non-aging. Apocalypse does age & maintains his life by either hibernating or bodyswapping (parasitically possessing others).

Radiant

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
Bro Shatterstone: Super-Skrull isn't a Mimic per se -- he has the powers of the F4, yes, but he was given those powers permanently, he didn't get them via Mimicry.

Paibok the Power Skrull'd be more "C-Tier" than the Super-Skrull, though. ;)

Radiant: Apocalypse isn't an External, actually, since all External's are immortal & non-aging. Apocalypse does age & maintains his life by either hibernating or bodyswapping (parasitically possessing others).

you're right. Correction for myself: Apocalypse WAS an external (mentioned a few times in X-factor then the Externals still were a major storyline) until the saga of the twelve in which that background was thrown over board.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Actually, even then, it was only mentioned that he may have been an External. Since the hibernation thing's been a part of his background almost from the beginning of his introduction, I still say he was never an External.

But, he's dead now, so the point's somewhat moot.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Hand of Vecna said:
But, he's dead now, so the point's somewhat moot.

:lol: Like anyone ever dies in the marvel universe....

Radiant said:
@Broher Shatterstone: Me's not so sure Candra could be considered a minor villain.

I know next to nothing about her... Her listing on the one site being an enemy of gambit is pretty much the reason why. :)

Hand of Vecna said:

Right, which makes him extremely scary... :uhoh:

Kevin Perrine said:
I'd narrow down your choices to the following...
The others (IMHO) are too powerful, not C-tier or not exciting to me.
Yeah, their was some real losers on that list, and some powerhouses, I'm happy with the scaled down list. :)

Typhoid Mary, I know next to nothing about. I only read Daredevil when Bullseye is in it. :D

Diamondback, is only really appealing if Steve Roger is the guest hero... After that she short of falls off the mark.

Kevin Perrine said:
I dig the feel of Spider-Woman...
Yeah me too... I really know little about her, and my google searches have been rather weak, I've been finding more information out via her real name than with spider woman.

(So if any of you return some information on her don't hesitate to drop a link here.)

Also since you people are scaring me with your knowledge if you can come up with a list of comic book appearances for her that would be sweet. :) (I'll go look for them tonight/tomorrow.)

Remove ads