• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

VILLAINS - Marvel Minions

Kevin Perrine

First Post
This is the Out of Character Thread for
VILLAINOUS
the Mighty Marvel Minions
PbP game.

VILLAINOUS...................................
In-Game Story | Out of Character | Rogue's Gallery

the request...

So...
I've been wanting to test run a complete villain game for Mutants and Masterminds.

My idea is that players will find a relatively obscure Villain from the Mighty Marvel-verse ... one that's normally relegated to the "C-class" villains.

NOT Doc Ock, not Sandman, Not Kang...
I'm talking all the near "Mort-o-the-Month" type villains.
I'm talking:

the Trapster
the Wizard
Stilt-Man
Mister Hyde
Angar the Screamer
etc...

if they've been in a comic (and been taken seriously) in recent years they're probably out...
But these guys also need to have personality, they need to be fun to roleplay.

the perfect example of the team I'm looking to form is the THUNDERBOLTS, a bunch of relatively crap villains...

so...
anyone interested?
and if so who would you play??

What's the campaign about?
CRIME, the relationship between the minion level theives...

YOU as a team will be (for the most part) planning the jobs and executing them. Heroes of the Marvel Universe will fight against you.
One of my goals is to test run a villain game that is NOT mindless rampaging and killing.

I want your villains to have personalities, melodrama and real lives... Some crooks may be strongly opposed to senseless killing (or whatever), but then again there's gonna maybe be someone that's ready to kill on the team.

In the end I'll determine which Villains meet my planned campaign goal and pick the lineup, best approaches win out.

Here's what I'm looking for:

Ideas... at least 3 ideas per person (more if you have them) for Villains that are C-class from the Marvel Universe.

Research... after I choose the villains, I'll want you to be able to have real resource for that villain. SOME stuff can be extrapolated on, but the base needs to be there.

How you plan to play the villain.

anyone interested??
thanks
-kev-

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thinking . . . probably be a few days before anything develops for me (very busy two weeks - especially with GenCon coming up!!)

Keia

Velmont

First Post
Villain M&M game, could be really fun, but the big problem I see for myself, is to get out a villain that was a C-class. I am not that much familiar with the Marvel universe. I know pretty well the Ultimate universe. In Ultimate, even the C-Class guy may refer to a B-class that have appeared in old series, so I am really not sure I could find an interesting idea somewhere that would fit this pre-requisit.

Insight

Adventurer
I found a couple of websites that might help to figure out some villains to play:

First, naturally, the Official Marvel Universe Site

And I found this good site for just villains. It's a little old, but should serve someone's purposes well. You can find it here

Hope that helps. This game looks cool. I'll probably lurk a tad when I have a chance.

quill

First Post
I'd be interested in giving it a try: Porcupine (yes I know he's dead but when has that stopped anyone :) ), Eel II, The Shocker, Zaran the Weapon Master, the Tarantula...these guys might be fun to try:) As far as resources, well I have the Marvel universe writeups of them and seen a fair number of appearances by each.

How would I play them:

Porcupine: he wants respect, datn it, after all of his years in the villian biz and changing to a better battlesuit. He's figured out that his suit is actually pretty good and he wants everyone to take him seriously or be scared of him..or both.

Eel II: The guy in it for the easy money. Lets' face it he has done things the easy way most time working in groups (even if they involved Discus and Stilletto) or for the Maggia, his battlesuit is obviously ripped off from the original, what has this guy done that involved effort?

The Shocker: The experienced vet looking for the big payoff. He wants to get into the big time just long enough to score big, retire, and never see Spider-Man or the Avengers again.

Zaran or even Hitman (that villianous Punisher that appeared way back in Peter Parker number 5 I think): The poor man's Taskmaster or Deathstroke. Knows all the angles (or at least wants every one to think he does) and knows something about everything (again whether he does or not...)

The Tarantula: He really does think he's his country's Captain America. He takes the job pretty serious, for representing a corrupt government at least. And he can't stand Batroc (how dare he take credit for being the best foot fighter in the world?).

Kevin Perrine

First Post
quill said:
I'd be interested in giving it a try: Porcupine (yes I know he's dead but when has that stopped anyone :) ), Eel II, The Shocker, Zaran the Weapon Master, the Tarantula...these guys might be fun to try:)

WOW!!
You've got the idea DEAD ON!!
That's exactly what types I was thinking of.
The funny thing with Porcupine is that one of my initial plot ideas has a touch of stuff from his death!

but any/all would be awesomely appropriate!
Now we just need to get others involved to play!! Recruit, recruit, recruit!

Porcupine: he wants respect, datn it, after all of his years in the villian biz and changing to a better battlesuit. He's figured out that his suit is actually pretty good and he wants everyone to take him seriously or be scared of him..or both.

Eel II: The guy in it for the easy money. Lets' face it he has done things the easy way most time working in groups (even if they involved Discus and Stilletto) or for the Maggia, his battlesuit is obviously ripped off from the original, what has this guy done that involved effort?

The Shocker: The experienced vet looking for the big payoff. He wants to get into the big time just long enough to score big, retire, and never see Spider-Man or the Avengers again.

Zaran or even Hitman (that villianous Punisher that appeared way back in Peter Parker number 5 I think): The poor man's Taskmaster or Deathstroke. Knows all the angles (or at least wants every one to think he does) and knows something about everything (again whether he does or not...)

The Tarantula: He really does think he's his country's Captain America. He takes the job pretty serious, for representing a corrupt government at least. And he can't stand Batroc (how dare he take credit for being the best foot fighter in the world?).

Hahahah... I love them all!
Tarantual, even Batroc!!

SOMEBODY (besides me and Quill) has got to be interested to try this game!!
-kev-

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
How low tier is Bullseye? (Guessing B) What about Tombstone? (might be a C.)

I'll think of some more....

Bullseye... I'd consider him a A-level, only because:
- he's a bigtime nemisis to Daredevil
- he's Marvel's premiere assassin
Boarderline A-B, but still too high for this game idea.

Tombstone could work just fine.
I'd put him in that category...
basically think of the B-C category as characters that non-marvel heads won't have ever ever heard and they haven't been in a mainstream comic regularly for years I think it works.
Tombstone used to be in Peter Parker awhile back, he may have been in some Daredevil's but nothing super prominent that I know of.

My question for him is why would he be working with this gang? If I remember correctly he's got big mob ties as an enforcer.
Still - he'd be great.

-kev-

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Other Minion ideas from the
Mighty Marvel House of Ideas!...
http://www.marveldirectory.com/indivualsac.htm

Armadillo
Baron Blood
Basilisk
Black Fox
Blacklash