• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Virtual Tabletop Software - MAC freindly

kobold

First Post
I'm looking for some recomendations on Virtual Tabletop Software. I'd be hosting/ DMing a non-D20 game on a MAC, but most of my players will be on PC's.
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Andy

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I've had a lot of trouble finding a VTT program that works for one of the players in my group. Not only is he a Mac user, he is very security conscience and is not willing to allow some of the setting changes that theoretically Mac compatible programs have 'wanted.' :(

In theory, the best program might have been the RPGtonight website which has all the software hosted there and you just log in - unfortunately it SUCKS. And I say this as someone who was very excited by the concept and wanted it to work. :confused: I'll watch this thread for suggestions as well.

heruca

Explorer
The only "setting change" required by Battlegrounds, and most other VTTs, is port-forwarding, and that's only required if you have a firewall or router AND you are the GM. I don't see that as a security breach of any sort. What I advice AGAINST is completely disabling a firewall to avoid bothering with port-forwarding.

kobold

First Post
Heruca,
Thanks for the link. I've pulled the demo software for BattleGrounds and will mess around with it a bit.
My plan is to use it for a non-D20 game where maps are of little importance, my main needs are a die roller, chat private and public and characters.
Thanks,
Andy

Remove ads