W2a: The Doublemurder Goblins (Manzanita Judging)

Robichaud

Explorer
Jamilee gives chase as the goblin caster slips away from her, and the look of indignant surprise on her face when this earns her a flash of fire from the wand could be considered funny by some. She yelps with the sudden pain, and though she manages to close with the goblin again, her attacks on it are too unconcerted to amount to much.

((Aw, no AoO? He must've been in a different place than I was expecting him to be. Anyway, reflex save vs the Burning Hands: (1d20+4=11). She takes a step SE and does another full attack: (1d20+4=11, 1d6+1=7, 1d20+2=13, 1d6=4)))

Wik

First Post
Robichaud said:
Jamilee gives chase as the goblin caster slips away from her, and the look of indignant surprise on her face when this earns her a flash of fire from the wand could be considered funny by some. She yelps with the sudden pain, and though she manages to close with the goblin again, her attacks on it are too unconcerted to amount to much.

((Aw, no AoO? He must've been in a different place than I was expecting him to be. Anyway, reflex save vs the Burning Hands: (1d20+4=11). She takes a step SE and does another full attack: (1d20+4=11, 1d6+1=7, 1d20+2=13, 1d6=4)))

OOC: Yeah. You had him on the diagonal, so he could still slip away. Unfortunately. On the plus side, he's looking harmed.

Wik

First Post
Round Five

ROUND FIVE:

Initiative Order
Jamilee: 24 11/15 HP.
Jerrand: 18
Goblin "Caster": 15+ Bless Effect, +1 attack and saves vs. fear, 5 rounds remaining 9 HP Damage
Worg: 15 Bless Effect, +1 attack and saves vs. fear, 5 rounds remaining27 HP Damage
Semabin: 13 21/40 HP.
Tor: 12
Foot Goblins: 8
#1 (West)- DEAD
#2 (South) - DEAD
#3 (East) - DEAD
Human Wagoneer: -8/7 hp remaining. STABILIZED.

Jamilee is barely singed by the wand's flame as she presses her attack on the goblin caster. The goblin avoids the first sword swipe, but is caught by the second - the blade cuts right across the chest, leaving a long gash across the stomach. The goblin touches blood oozing from it's chest, diluting in the downpour. It hisses in anger.

(OOC: I don't think you can five foot step in any round that you also stand up. That being said, Jerrand was never really knocked prone, since going down was his option, so a five foot step is allowed, I'd guess)

Jerrand bellows "That's enough! Let go of him!" as he brings his mace down upon the worg's shoulder. The attack connects - hard. The worg yipes in pain as Jerrand feels a satisfying crunch beneath the mace's heavy weight.

The goblin caster hisses in anger. Red eyes glaring, it leaps back from Jamilee, and curses. "You will pay for this, female!".

It turns and runs, at the same time patting the worg on the shoulder and saying "Isarut! Haaka kja Ruuven, Lizaaar Ruvis!" before dashing alongside the walls of the courtyard and heading to the north, before tangling itself in a leafless bush.

(OOC: No one can speak goblin, unfortunately. However, some of the words have relation to Orc, so I'll let anyone with Orc as a language - Jamilee and Tor - make Intelligence checks against a DC of 13 to see if they can piece together parts of what the goblin said).

The worg is harmed, and doesn't favour one leg as it still attacks Semabin. It takes a firm grab on Semabin's leg, and the teeth sink in deeply! (A=24; D=8) Again, the worg tries to bring Semabin to his knees, but the Sairundain is able to stay standing! (Worg's Trip vs. Semabin (1d20+3=16, 1d20+3=20)

Semabin is able to ignore most of the pain in his arm, but he finds it causes his first swing to miss horribly. The second, however, is a well-aimed blow that cuts across the horrid dog's neck. It falls to the ground, bleeding. For a moment, Semabin thinks it dead, but the Worg growls in fury and and thrashes out again. Semabin is able to quickly stab his blade through the weakened creature's skull, killing it instantly.

Tor protects the unconscious man as the fight rages on around her.

Attachments

• Courtyard Fight.jpg
    Courtyard Fight.jpg
    718.7 KB · Views: 162

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Jerrand Round 6

Jerrand looks about after the other goblin his mace at the ready. "Where did that other goblin go? Damnable rain I can't see but 5 feet. Which way anyone?"

[sblock=ooc]I'll take a ready action for Jerrand. Ready action = Run off in any direction his comrades point. Thinking he's chasing goblin.[/sblock]

[sblock=5 foot step]You may take a 5 foot step in any round you did not preform any other movement. I made a move action but didn't move any distance.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
OOC: Yeah, I was wrong about five foot steps. You can stand up as a move action and still five foot step. However, the way I saw it was that you were never FORCED prone, and chose to go down - I imagine the character crouching, not really on his belly. So, it would have been lame to have enforced that.

In other news, I'll be AWOL until monday or so. I'll be in Vancouver for most of the weekend.

Jerrand Redband

First Post
ooc:Kool enjoy the nice weather (heat index 102 here :( ) i think everyone will have there round 6 actions in by the time you get back

ooc2:And now I know your a nice DM not enforcing the standing up rule I guess it really does matter how you got to the ground in the first place as to how easy it is to get back up.

Knight Otu

First Post
"I..., up there, I think." Semabin points north with his scimitar, thinking he saw a figure slinking by as he fought the wolf creature. With a last glance to see that it is actually down, he moves carefully into that direction.

Remove ads