W2a: The Doublemurder Goblins (Manzanita Judging)

Robichaud

Explorer
Wik said:
"The chief sent us here, kind lady! To get a pearl! But things have gone bad... so bad! And now some thieves are killing for it!"

OOC: This is all info from The Search for Tomas Quinn, just so you know. It has no bearing on this adventure. But THIS could be useful:

"I have a squad, and we broke free from the fighting at the docks, we did! And we were just trying to get out of here, when that BAD MAN over there tried to hurt us! Honest! We were trying to be nice, kind lady! The rest of my goblins are hiding out of fear!"

The goblin pauses for a moment, looking sly. "Let me go, and I'll tell you where they are hiding! There's, uh.... treasure!"
The corner of the elf's crooked mouth dips even further; in contrast, the tip of her blade remains just where it is, pointed at the goblin's throat. She remembers the four goblins ganging up on a single man, and the image of the dead guardsman with this goblins' arrows sticking out of him..

"No deal," she grates out, eyes as harsh as her voice. "You lie, and - hack - poorly. Tell me where the hnrest is, and what I asked you afore. And I'll consider letting you live."

Wik

First Post
Jerrand heals the man enough to bring him to the edges of consciousness. He moans, and his son does his best to hold him up. The two lurch away into the night, the boy thanking you quickly, eying the "orc" nervously the whole time.

The goblin, meanwhile, seems to be thinking for a moment. It then nods it's head, slowly. "The rest... they are weak, lady. And no harm. And trying to escape, lady. You need not hunt them. They are... in a bad place. I can't tell names... it has many casks. I can lead you there.

I just told Isarut to run to our home. But... you killed her."

Knight Otu

First Post
(When the goblin said "that BAD MAN", did he indicate the wounded man or the dead guard Jamilee noticed earlier?)

"If you told the wolf to flee, she wasn't very good at following orders, considering she continued to attack me." Semabin states, eyeing the goblin with interest and caution. These small humanoids and their cousins were still a bit... mythological to him, knowing them mostly from the legends in his homelands.
"So you were fleeing from a fight, and then got into another fight. With a single man. While there were four of you, and the wolf. I guess it is hard to flee from a single man." Semabin concludes, sounding unconvinced.

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Jerrand

Jerrand steps over to where the goblin is being questioned, mace in hand." As I recall, I saw you over by the cart,"he says pointing at the goblin."Why were you poking around there if you were fighting to defend yourself? You should have fled when you had the chance."

Robichaud

Explorer
"Confronting this creature is - kaff - useless," the elf observes coolly. "It knows it is hrnlying, and does not care. We should kill it, sweep towards the docks, find its friends, and - hack -kill them as well, not stand around and give it time to come up with better hrnlies."

She glances at Semabin and Jerrand from the corners of her eyes, gauging their expressions. The point of her weapon shifts - she seems quite ready to make short work of the goblin if they're not too horrified.

Last edited:

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Jerrand

" Nay, Lady Jamilee," Jerrand says,"we should not kill it out right. The local authorities should handle him. Take his weapons and anything else that might hurt anyone and tie him up with a lead line. We will turn him over for proper justice." With that Jerrand starts to put away his mace."If he starts to flee or attack one of us make sure he can't hurt anyone ever again." He adds as he starts looking for rope.

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
OOC: Yeah, the "BAD MAN" was probably the wounded man.

Realizing sentiment is running high against it, the goblin gulps. "Freedom! Let me go, and I will give you everything! their names! Where they are! But you must act fast, because they are going to kill again! If you don't let me go, I will die, and so will others! Act fast, kind lady!"

The goblin pauses for a moment, and then comes up with an idea. It points to the stick tucked into it's belt that shot fire so recently. "I'll give you this, kind lady. Let me go, and I will throw it to you and take a few steps back. You have arrows pointing at me. I answer where they are, and who they are. Each answer I give, I take step back, you take step back. And then, when ready, I run."

The rain pounds down. A single strike of lightning hits, and the city is illuminated, the filth seeming to pour out of the walls of tenement buildings as they are cleansed by the howling storm. Semebin can hear the sounds of guards yelling to one another in the far distance. It seems this is not the only band of goblins loose in the city.

Robichaud

Explorer
"Get on the ground," is Jamilee's not-so-kind suggestion. She follows up with a phlegmy hack, grimacing. "And thank the hrman tying you up - he is the hreason you yet hrnlive."

She risks another quick glance to her companions. "We need to go. Which - hack - way to the docks?"

Remove ads