• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

War Wizardry/Coordinated Explosion?

King-Panda

First Post
Am I correct in thinking that a character with these two feats would have a net modifier of -4 for hitting an ally with a burst/blast power (barring any other modifiers at the time)?

Also, War Wizardry states your arcane spells "deal only have their normal damage to allies". Does this apply to all damage dealt by a power (initial damage roll, ongoing damage, aftereffect damage, movement-based damage, etc), or just damage dealt by the initial damage roll?

DracoSuave

First Post
Am I correct in thinking that a character with these two feats would have a net modifier of -4 for hitting an ally with a burst/blast power (barring any other modifiers at the time)?

Seems that way. I'd probably say it doesn't tho, if I DM'd.

But then again, Coordinated Explosion's actually better for other classes. A class with a lot of enemy-only bursts or blasts would benefit well, as CoordExplo only checks to see if there are allies in the burst or blast, not if they are actually targetted.

Bards are a perfect example of a class that makes this feat -shine-.

Also, War Wizardry states your arcane spells "deal only have their normal damage to allies". Does this apply to all damage dealt by a power (initial damage roll, ongoing damage, aftereffect damage, movement-based damage, etc), or just damage dealt by the initial damage roll?

All damage. It does not matter why the damage occurs, if it is damage from that power, it gets halved.

Prestidigitalis

First Post
Don't mean to threadjack, but on Coordinated Explosion:

What happens with something like Storm Sorcerer powers that let the caster exclude the center square from the spell? If the square holds an ally, does it count toward activating Coordinated Explosion, or not?

DracoSuave

First Post
Don't mean to threadjack, but on Coordinated Explosion:

What happens with something like Storm Sorcerer powers that let the caster exclude the center square from the spell? If the square holds an ally, does it count toward activating Coordinated Explosion, or not?

Storm Magic: You can choose not to target a creature in the origin square of the burst.

So, in this particular instance, you're excluding the creature from being a target, but that's all. So yeah, works great.

Remove ads