D&D 5E Warduke, Kelek, Strongheart Miniatures!

The official miniatures sets from WizKids for The Wild Beyond the Witchlight include 'The League of Malevolence' set and the 'Valor's Call' set, and contain a whole bunch of characters from the 1980s D&D action toys set and the cartoon.

The League of Malevolence set includes Warduke (the evil fighter) and Kelek (the evil wizard), as well as Skylla (Ringlerun's former apprentice), Zarak (the half orc assassin), and Zargash (the evil cleric).

The Valor's Call set includes Strongheart (the paladin). Ringlerun (the wizard, who was on the cover on 1983's AD&D Player's Handbook!), Molliver (the good thief), Elkhorn (dwarf fighter), and Mercion (the cleric).

malvolence.png

valor.jpeg

And here's Ringlerun, painted by Jeff Easley for the AD&D Player's Handbook back in 1983!

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 11.38.53 AM.png

Laurefindel

Legend
Hmmm, I like!

that’s an old school return on the aesthetics to something more medieval with these characters. Almost everything WotC has released recently heavily borrows on 19th century, even early 20th century imagery and concepts (including the titular carnaval/circus/theme park). I do hope there is more to it than 80s character appearance however. I’m not sure if I really like the « Victorian-with-no-guns » vibe I get from recent products.

Last edited:

MGibster

Legend
that’s an old school return on the aesthetics to something more medieval with these characters. Almost everything WotC has released recently heavily borrows on 19th century, even early 20th century imagery and concepts (including the titular carnaval/circus/theme park). I do hope there is more to it than 80s character appearance however. I’m not sure if I really like the « Victorian-with-no-guns » vibe I get from recent products.
I really dislike the aesthetics of the Wizkids miniatures when it comes to ones I might use for PCs. The other day I was looking for an armored knight and I just didn't like anything from their selection. I really dig their monster miniatures though.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases