Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory Now To Be Produced By... Cubicle 7!

Admidst all the mystery of what happened to Ulisses North America's Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory, we finally have an answer! Cubicle 7, who currently produce Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4E and are developing Soulbound, the new Age of Sigmar RPG, are now taking over!

wg.jpg

I just got the following email from C7:

Cubicle 7 Entertainment to publish Warhammer 40,000 Roleplaying

Games Workshop is pleased to announce that award-winning publisher Cubicle 7 Entertainment is to produce Warhammer 40,000 roleplaying games.

Cubicle 7 CEO Dominic McDowall said, ”Warhammer 40K is a huge chunk of our gamer DNA so we are all incredibly excited to build on the long legacy of 40K RPGs. I’ve been a 40K fanatic since the first edition, so I am absolutely delighted to bring our brand of roleplaying to this amazing setting.”

The initial range of products will be a revised reprint of the Wrath & Glory Core Rulebook and an extensive range of supplements covering exciting new areas, as well as revisiting beloved old favourites. Cubicle 7 hope that their track record of producing beautiful and immersive licensed games that capture the feel of their settings – including Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay – will appeal to Warhammer 40K gamers old and new.

Cubicle 7 is working with Ulisses’ Wrath & Glory design team to deliver the titles already planned for the game. Ulisses will continue to publish the German language edition of Wrath & Glory, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and the Warhammer Age of Sigmar roleplaying games, in partnership with Cubicle 7.

Cubicle 7’s new license comes on the back of a year of enormous growth for the company, with a huge increase in staffing and capability to deliver its range of best-selling game lines.

So, the short version: Ulisses will continue the German version, C7 will be producing a revised reprinting of the English version and produce the future planned titles

Last edited by a moderator:

Staffan

Legend
Aysle kickstarter? I'm getting more and more concerned about fulfillment on the Nile kickstarter - which is done except for the printing and shipping of physical products.
I was getting a little concerned about this, thinking it's been a long while, particularly with the W&G stuff going on. But then I went and checked the Kickstarter page and saw:
  1. The announced delivery date of the physical material was supposed to be May 2019, so it's not behind schedule, and
  2. According to posts in the comments section there, they are in the process of packing it. So they appear to be on schedule.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
I was getting a little concerned about this, thinking it's been a long while, particularly with the W&G stuff going on. But then I went and checked the Kickstarter page and saw:
  1. The announced delivery date of the physical material was supposed to be May 2019, so it's not behind schedule, and
  2. According to posts in the comments section there, they are in the process of packing it. So they appear to be on schedule.

That is good to hear - I should have thought to look through the comments myself (I've just been looking at the updates and didn't think to look at the comments).

Dire Bare

Legend
Fine, how’s this:

I am upset that the English version of W&G was so sloppy it caused the publisher to lose the license and force a near-immediate reprint, making my actual physical book much less usable at the table. It’s the late 2010s. Publishing in pdf first and incorporating the feedback is industry standard, and the pdfs certainly came out early enough for a round of “spot the obvious problems.”

The sloppy initial release of W&G by Ulisses Spiele is definitely a far from ideal situation. Should you be irritated at UP for selling you a sloppy book, and then promptly losing the license and "forcing" a "revised" reprint? Sure.

But that's all water under the bridge. Certainly makes me wary of purchasing future books from UP.

Today's news is that Cubicle 7 has swept in and saved the game! This is good news! They are not designing a new, different game with the same universe/IP, they are saving Wrath & Glory! Since the initial book was so sloppy, will the new book be a better value for tabletop use? Yes. We don't know yet, but there will likely be an errata document available for free to bridge the original printing with the new reprint. Hopefully, those who purchased the PDF will get a free update, but we'll have to see. Beyond that, what else can Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop do?

I'm pretty stoked that a well-designed game (in a poorly edited package) is being saved and supported by a company that I have a lot of trust and faith in, Cubicle 7. I've been really happy with their "Adventures in Middle-Earth" books, and I've heard lots of good things about their other games.

Plageman

Explorer
As far as I'm concerned I'm pretty happy with the Torg Eternity and The Dark Eye products I got out of the Kickstarters from Ulisses Spiele NA. I'm pretty happy too with C7 products like Lone Wolf and Warhammer 4. So let's look forward to the future, drop the unnecessary hatred and wish for both companies to release some great products in 2019 and forward.

Congratulations for Cubible 7, but W40K is a good example about how the sci-fi gets old very bad. I wonder about maybe this IP would need a reboot.

The IP doesn't need a reboot, as it is continually retconed or expanded upon or revised.

It is in fact one of the most fluid IP's I think I've ever read or seen anywhere!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases