• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlock's Curse, Fey Pact and a Bag o'Rats...

HeinorNY

First Post
Move action: grab a rat from the bag o'rats.
Minor action: place Warlock's Curse on the rat.
Standard action: kill the rat.
Free 15ft. teleportation with Fey Pact.

Is this a bug or a feature?

im_robertb

First Post
Carrying a bag o' rats around with you, using your move, minor, and standard actions for the round to teleport 3 squares?

It sure isn't a bug.

Colmarr

First Post
I'd say a feature. If someone wants to spend their whole round to move 15ft rather than just their move action, so be it. It's a feature that the game penalises stupidity :D

Obscure

First Post
We haven't seen the full description for Warlock's Curse yet, but even the brief snippet given on the character sheet states that it must be placed on the warlock's closest enemy, not "a living creature" or a "rat from a bag o' rats."

And spending all of your actions for a turn isn't exactly teleporting for free, anyway.

HeinorNY

First Post
Who said anything about combat?

A 1st level character freely and unlimitedly teleporting through 10 ft. thick walls, locked gates, into the evil governor's bedroom at night, out of dungeon rooms filled with monsters, over 10 ft. holes, outside the townguard's prison cell, up, down, sideways.
Who wouldn't want that kind of 'mobility' ?

I think carrying a bag of rats, or worms or whatever you can kill, is a must for every smart warlock, alongside with his rope, caltrops, sunrods, etc.

Falling Icicle

Adventurer
ainatan said:
Who said anything about combat?

A 1st level character freely and unlimitedly teleporting through 10 ft. thick walls, locked gates, into the evil governor's bedroom at night, out of dungeon rooms filled with monsters, over 10 ft. holes, outside the townguard's prison cell, up, down, sideways.
Who wouldn't want that kind of 'mobility' ?

I think carrying a bag of rats, or worms or whatever you can kill, is a must for every smart warlock, alongside with his rope, caltrops, sunrods, etc.

Warlocks in 3.5e have a power that lets them do short-range teleports at will, no killing of rats or other gimmicks necessary.

Obscure said:
We haven't seen the full description for Warlock's Curse yet, but even the brief snippet given on the character sheet states that it must be placed on the warlock's closest enemy, not "a living creature" or a "rat from a bag o' rats."

And spending all of your actions for a turn isn't exactly teleporting for free, anyway.

I have a feeling that there may well be many abilities which require DM adjudication of the terms "enemy" and "ally", since those were the ones that were the biggest (potential) problems with ToB. (Not that I ever saw any of them, but I'm the only player in our group to use ToB yet.)

Not that this is a particularly worrisome ability in a game with Eladrin as a base race.

Incenjucar

Legend
Honestly, the notion of sacrificing a living thing to get around sounds pretty sexy.

You'd be pretty easy to track though with all those rat bodies.

Remove ads