• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlock's Curse, Fey Pact and a Bag o'Rats...

Betote

First Post
ZombieRoboNinja said:
I'm guessing it's 3 spaces within line of sight with no obstructions in the way.

Then why is it a teleport and not a shift?

Another use of the Bag o' Rats is with 4E's Cleave against opponentes with high AC. Can't you hit the BBEG? No problem. Start squashing rats and let him die because of the splashing rat blood.

Incenjucar

Legend
Basically you have your goth emo shadar-kai and your metal emo tieflings. :p Either would be pretty fun to have "blood swords" and such ripping out of their veins.

--

Oh god, you're right.

The BBEG will be all, "Minions, protect me!" "Ow ow hey that fighter has cleave! Minions, AWAY! For the love of Lolth, get away from me!"

HeinorNY

First Post
Fifth Element said:
How long do you think the rats in the bag are going to last before they kill and eat each other?
Probably not too much, at least enough to rob every house on the street ;)

And I used the Bag o'Rats because it's just a symbol. You could carry some blood sucking woms or some ill-tempered beetles.

Betote

First Post
Incenjucar said:
Basically you have your goth emo shadar-kai and your metal emo tieflings. :p Either would be pretty fun to have "blood swords" and such ripping out of their veins.

So we could say Drow aren't goint to make it to the final cut of the MM, because they are now lacking any distinct niche...

Jorunkun

First Post
Never mind the rats - I do share the OP's concern that 1st level characters can just teleport about. Even with line of sight, this is a very powerful way to bypass traps, doors (peek through the keyhole) and other obstacles. Does anybody know the exact limitations on this?

Lizard

Explorer
im_robertb said:
Carrying a bag o' rats around with you, using your move, minor, and standard actions for the round to teleport 3 squares?

It sure isn't a bug.

Try keeping a warlock in jail.

"That roach is my foe!"
STOMP
POOF

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads