• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlock's Curse, Fey Pact and a Bag o'Rats...

It may well be that the teleport ability is line of sight only, so bypassing pits would be possible, but not circumventing walls or other sight-blocking obstacles.

HeinorNY

First Post
Incenjucar said:
Honestly, the notion of sacrificing a living thing to get around sounds pretty sexy.
That's why I'm asking it. I think the idea of a Warlock to sacrificing small animals to activate powers to be very flavorful.
I hope the warlock gets more powers by killing enemies.

Incenjucar

Legend
ainatan said:
That's why I'm asking it. I think the idea of a Warlock to sacrificing small animals to activate powers to be very flavorful.
I hope the warlock gets more powers by killing enemies.

I'm hoping that there's also some class or other that can get abilities by self-inflicted wounds.

Using your own blood and pain as a weapon would be pretty badass, and appropriate for the Shadar-Kai to develop.

Betote

First Post
Obscure said:
We haven't seen the full description for Warlock's Curse yet, but even the brief snippet given on the character sheet states that it must be placed on the warlock's closest enemy, not "a living creature" or a "rat from a bag o' rats."

You kidnap those poor little creatures, stuck them in a bag, kill them... And they're not your enemies? :D

Incenjucar

Legend
Betote said:
You kidnap those poor little creatures, stuck them in a bag, kill them... And they're not your enemies? :D

First you punch them.

Oooh. It would be especially fun if your familiar could do it FOR you.

Munch munch munch *teleport*

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
ainatan said:
Who said anything about combat?

A 1st level character freely and unlimitedly teleporting through 10 ft. thick walls, locked gates, into the evil governor's bedroom at night, out of dungeon rooms filled with monsters, over 10 ft. holes, outside the townguard's prison cell, up, down, sideways.
Who wouldn't want that kind of 'mobility' ?

I think carrying a bag of rats, or worms or whatever you can kill, is a must for every smart warlock, alongside with his rope, caltrops, sunrods, etc.

I'm guessing it's 3 spaces within line of sight with no obstructions in the way.

Cadfan

First Post
Hax!!!

*swiftly rules that the bag of one hundred rats is really one swarm of one hundred rats, watches the warlock die of rats*

Obscure said:
We haven't seen the full description for Warlock's Curse yet, but even the brief snippet given on the character sheet states that it must be placed on the warlock's closest enemy, not "a living creature" or a "rat from a bag o' rats."

And spending all of your actions for a turn isn't exactly teleporting for free, anyway.

I guess you need to provoke the rat as well...flick it a few times in the head so it starts squirming around your hand to bite you. It's attacking now, so the rat can be considered an enemy : )

How long do you think the rats in the bag are going to last before they kill and eat each other?

I hope there's a section in the DMG on how to deal with players who try ridiculous things like this. Call it "Boot to the Head" or something like that.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Incenjucar said:
Using your own blood and pain as a weapon would be pretty badass, and appropriate for the Shadar-Kai to develop.

Who are these Shadar-Kai that I hear everyone talking about these days? Refugees from the Dune novels?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads