• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WD's Gamma World IC

Walking Dad

First Post
Shadow hears some humming from the pylons. But you cannot reveal their function without experimentation... currently, no animal life is crossing between them.

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Yes, its definitely, active, I can hear the hum," Shadow informs the rest. "Whether, it is as I originally surmised, or just a deterrent against animal life, I am no longer sure. There is know evidence of animal activity to suggest one way or the other." Turning to thier new allies, "any ideas? It occurs to me, if it is dangerous, it must have recently been activated. Our village chief, came here to get his 'zapper'. So either he found the entrance, or this is a recent development."

Shayuri

First Post
Trayce gazes at Shadow with a moment of awe as he speaks.

"How do you know all that?"

She gets back on task quickly though and nods at Doc.

"If there's an invisible wall of the ancients, we might be able to tell if we throw rocks. If the rock gets through, then there's no wall there. If it bounces off of nothing, then there must be a wall there."

kinem

Adventurer
"If it burns, the rocks might not tell us" Doc says. "But maybe a long tree branch would." He looks for an appropriate branch to cut down from the nearby trees.

rangerjohn

Explorer
"How do I know what, Trayce?" Shadow responds. "That the fence is active, I hear it. How do I do that? I might ask how you know when life is near. We just do. If you mean how I know of the devices of the Ancients, I read, surely you must know I'm the freak of the village, that way", he says with agrin.

Shayuri

First Post
Trayce chuckles. "I always thought I was the freak."

She pulls a branch as big a person off of a nearby tree and starts peeling the smaller branches full of leaves off of it to make a giant-sized staff, suitable for poking invisible walls with.

Shayuri

First Post
Trayce shakes the branch a bit, then inspects it. "Doesn't look burned. Noise changed a little. Maybe it's broken. Most of the old machines are broken. Maybe it is too."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads