• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weapon for Wereshark?

Shin Okada

Explorer
A wereshark in shark form cannot carry any weapon as he has no arms at all. Wereshark in hybrid form can use weapon as he has arms, but he loses his swim speed (and aquatic subtype?).

Now, assuming a wereshark enjoy altering between those 2 forms and want to use a weapon in his hybrid form, are there any magical weapon property which can help him? I mean, something like Called armor property, which he can call a weapon when changed into the hybrid form, and such.

Razjah

Explorer
EDIT: Sorry I forgot which forum I was under, PF material won't help. But maybe adapt it for the wereshark. Or have a loop at the end of a spear, drop the spear, shift forms, catch the rope in shark mouth, swim away.

I'm not near my books, but the PFSRD says that shifting between human and hybrid doesn't meld gear. But shifting to animal form does. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/lycanthrope

If gear melds, then there isn't any worry about losing a weapon. Though a spear or trident seems most useful underwater.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
1) As I recall, there is some kind of magical charm bracelet or necklace that lets you convert certain items/weapons to charms when not in use.

2) magical tattoos or piercings that do something similar would also be an option. Also, +1 cool factor.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
A trident with a special property that it auto-melds into your animal form.
(If somebody kills you in animal form and cuts your guts open, they find the trident.)

I figure some were-cursed guy has to have thought about this before. The magic property is known from rumor but not commonly available. In FR, maybe Selune's clergy - the kind that minister to the afflicted, including non-evil lycanthropes - can magic-up a trident for your use.

Shin Okada

Explorer
1) As I recall, there is some kind of magical charm bracelet or necklace that lets you convert certain items/weapons to charms when not in use.

I guess that is Wand Bracelet from Magic Item Compendium. Unfortunately, a wereshark in shark form cannot wear a bracelet.

It seems that I have to make up something by myself.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads