"Well, that's two hours of my life I'll never get back..."

Tsyr

Explorer
I've seen this phrase bandied about some with regards to movies that were really bad.

What are some you have seen that you could apply this to?

Most recent one for me is "The Medallion", with Jackie Chan. I normaly like Chan's movies, even the offbeat humor, but this one... blech. Total waste of 90 minutes or however long it was. It's like the needed to come up with a Jackie Chan version of "Bulletproof Monk" (A movie that was only passable to begin with), and hired a hack writer to pump out a script in 2 hours.

And even by those standards it was pretty damn lame.

diaglo

Adventurer
how about 3 and half hours of my life wasted. i kept waiting for the Two Towers to get better. it only got worse. :rolleyes:

der_kluge

Adventurer
My wife and I rented "How Stella got her Groove back". We stopped watching halfway through and got our groove *on*.

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Henry

Autoexreginated
"Killjoy," about a demonic clown that kills drug dealers in the 'hood.

For the most part, I don't understand the complaint, because if a movie is truly bad to me, I will give up on it LONG before two hours is up.

Most other movies are merely mediocre that I have this complaint; I can still be entertained, but vaguely.

blackshirt5

First Post
House of the Dead. Worst. Movie. Ever. Doesn't even resemble the video game, unless of course you count those parts where they insert little bits from the arcade game of the zombies clawing the screen. Yes. And this is meant to be scary.

I had to sit through it though; I had to see if afterwards I still thought people had souls in Hollywood.

Tsyr

Explorer
Sometimes I do, Henry... But I tend to think to myself (Since I mostly rent movies or go to see them in the theater), "Well... I payed for it... I may as well watch it and hope it gets better."

I was SORELY tempted to turn off "Guilty by Association" though... I rented it because it had Morgan Freeman in it, but... blech. blech blech blech blech and double blech. That movie was such a waste. And Morgan Freeman had a tiny little bit part in it.

TiQuinn

The last two movies that I can remember really evoked this kind of reaction from me were "Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood" (aka The Things I Will Watch to Get My Wife to Watch The Two Towers), and "About Schmidt".

The first was probably the worst chick flick I've ever seen. The second was causing me to drool while my eyes glazed over.

Remove ads