• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Well, that's two hours of my life I'll never get back..."

Null Boundry

First Post
Fellowship of the Ring. Fortunately my girlfriend picked on my subtle hints of displeasure and hasn't mentioned seeing the others.

For some unknown reason I saw The Watcher on Sunday night, I have no idea why I sat there watching it. It was on TV I could have flicked or turned it off. But no I sat there watching it thinking "This is so bad, why am I doing this to myself?".

Wombat

First Post
Yep, two movies got me:

Clear & Present Danger
Deep Blue Sea
Pulp Fiction

All I can say is that with C&PD, when the film broke and they offered either comp tickets for any other movie or free snacks while waiting for the film to be repaired, the ticket got into my hand very quickly.

And with DBS, I actually cheered when Samuel Jackson got munched -- not the sort of reaction I would have anticipated... he was that bad, which to my mind just destroys any credibility for the scriptwriter and the director.

PF? Great camera work. Great soundtrack. Tight cuts. Yep, I noticed all the technical aspects while I was watching the film, which is not how I like to watch films. All I saw on the screen was a large number of variably horrible people being variably horrible to each other, but without reason, real plot, or purpose.

For all three of these I know I am a blasphemer, and I am entirely comfortable with the label. :D

I would be happy to write up at least as many films that I didn't expect to like, yet ended up loving. :)

kingpaul

First Post
I can't recall the name of the movie...think it was Wag the Dog. My wife (she was actually my gf at the time) and I rented the movie shortly after it was available for renting, thinking it would be good. Only movie I can think of I that I stopped it before it ended, it was that bad.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
diaglo said:
how about 3 and half hours of my life wasted. i kept waiting for the Two Towers to get better. it only got worse. :rolleyes:

Yeah, didn't you camp out overnight to see the D&D movie? :p

Although I agree in part; the extended edition works much better for me.

Last edited:

kingpaul

First Post
Wombat said:
Clear & Present Danger
Ah yes, forgot about this one. This movie, and Bourne Identity (starring Matt Damon (sp)), were two I was terribly disappointed in. I believe that's because I had read the books, and that these movies took drastic liberties with the story line. I understand that the transition from book to movie is not smooth and that license must be taken...these two pushed it so much that the movie was different.

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
New Rose Hotel, with Willem Dafoe & Christopher Walken. Until I saw this, I didn't think an adaptation of a Gibson story could be worse than Johnny Mnemonic. But I was so, so wrong.

Someone mentioned The Watcher, which was pretty terrible. Along a similar vein, Strangeland was quite possibly the biggest waste of time in my life- and this is coming from a person who's sat through both Waxworks movies!

Remove ads