• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Well, that's two hours of my life I'll never get back..."

Tsyr

Explorer
kingpaul said:
I've seen several of them, and I have to respectfully disagree with those who didn't like them (D&D; LotR trilogy; Waterworld; Matrix: Revolutions; Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon). *shurg* YMMV

I liked most of those.

Waterworld... eh. It wasn't bad. It could have been so much better though.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Atridis said:
In 2003, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen edges out Underworld for the I Want My 2 Hours Back Award.

Underworld managed to be simultaneously too complicated and too shallow to survive on the strength of its story, and it didn't do enough to pull it off on sheer style.

There were a couple of "Yeaaaah" style moments... but they were in the trailer.

I don't actually consider having seen it a waste of my time, but I'm glad that I saw it on a half-price weekend... and I wouldn't go see it again.

-Hyp.

Capellan

Explorer
Stigmata
Godzilla
Matrix Reloaded

To me, a movie is only 'I want my two hours back'-bad if I am mind-numbingly bored throughout most of it. The above three movies qualify.

Bass Puppet

First Post
Dungeons and Dragons: The Movie
Highlander II: The Quickening
Nothing But Trouble
The Blair Witch Project
Pitch Black
Soylent Green

God, there's about 12 hours there that I have lost forever. :(

reapersaurus

Explorer
and how is this thread different from the "Worst Movies of All Time thread?

Maybe there's some distinction between the 2 categories, but damned if I can tell what it is... :confused:

Pants

First Post
Freddy Got Fingered
Tom Green will be missing even more teeth if I ever meet him. And Rip Torn? For shame...

How High
This movie made me want to get a joint... so that I could jab it into my eyes! Arrrrgggh...

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
reapersaurus said:

Well, for a start, we haven't yet had an argument about whether or not a multi-million dollar budget movie can actually be a waste of someone's time :)

-Hyp.

Tsyr

Explorer
reapersaurus said:

Maybe there's some distinction between the 2 categories, but damned if I can tell what it is... :confused:

Originaly, there was supposed to be one, but it's kinda gotten lost...

Originaly the difference was supposed to be, a lot of movies are BAD... but how many of them do you actually wish you had never watched?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads