• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

We're Not in Kansas Any More

hafrogman

Adventurer
Dustin stands stunned for more than a moment by the bizzare sight that greets him outside the cave. Hari's explosion and the Bryan's shake him from his stupor. He responds to the latter's question.

"I don't know what it's doing here, I don't even know what it's floating on. . . but it's there. I'm not sure how we're supposed to get it's attention though. What do we do? Just stick out our thumbs?"

He mimes hitchhiking at the ship . . . just in case it does stop for his thumb.

Mista Collins

First Post
April said:
Do you think he's dangerous?

"I don't think so. He seems to be level-headed. Granted, we are all on tilt but I don't think he is seeing things. This place is weird." Walking a little bit down the slope and out of the cave to get a better look, Bryan sees if he can spot the ship that the others have.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
April and Isaac cannot help but notice the increasing urgency of the others' voices outside the cave. Cries about "a ship!" recur. Someone yells about getting it's attention.

Outside the cave, Dustin, Frank, Hari, and Bryan all clearly see the strange vessel. It is maybe a half-mile away, close enough now to start to make out some details. Figures, still too distant to identify, rush around its deck and rigging.

Bryan, from his higher vantage nearest the mouth of the cave, sees the desert sands roiling away before the vessel's bow. The ship rises and falls as it literally sails the sands. The desert ripples out from the port and starboard sides of the ship as well. Bryan sees clumps of scrub suddenly become unrooted, bobbing as if in water. Rocks simply vanish from sight as if they had sunk into water.

OOC: Okay, ya'll. There's about a minute before the ship reaches the cave's location. Whatcha gonna do? Dustin and Frank are on the desert floor. Hari is close to the slope's bottom. Bryan is closer to the cave.

Mista Collins

First Post
Turning to shout back at April, "There IS a ship!! And it is floating in the sand, which seems to be turning into water."

Suddenly it hits him. The ship is causing the sand around it to act as if it is water. Frank and Dustin are on the desert floor.

"GUYS! I'd recommend getting up here a little bit. If you don't you might sink into the sand like it were water!"

Picking up some loose rocks, Bryan starts throwing them and shouting to get the ships attention.

Glognar Beldin

First Post
With all the shouting and movement, Isaac decides to really see if everyone has lost there mind and if there really is a ship..
Isaac decides to join in and trying to get the attention of the 2 down below as the ship might drown them.

"GUYS,,, Move up the rocks a little bit.. "

Looking to others and the cave entrance, "How do you think we can get it's attention?"

While awaiting an answer, Isaac turns and looks up above the cliff to see if there is any unusal movement..

Talviarianna

First Post
Finally spotting the strange ship April stands dumbfounded, her mouth hanging open, eyes blinking but her mind just not comprehending what she's seeing. ah... wha... My God... She suddenly comes to life spinning around looking for something then stops and slaps herself in the forehead. My purse isn't here... Damn! Hey, any of you guys have a lighter, matches anything like that... Set a bush on fire if you do! She looks out across the sands from her lofty perch, takes a deep breath, here goes nothing... and belts out a shrill scream, the kind only heard in cheap horror movies... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Hari half-turns in response to Isaacs call for them to move up the rocks and is quickly scrambling his way back up when Aprils scream causes startles him and he again spins to face the ship.

As the vessel looms larger as it approaches his mind is racing and in desperation he pulls his shirt from where it hangs around his waist and starts waving it in the air - hopefully a X-large white flag will get some attention from the ships crew...

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Frank stares at the approaching ship. His mind trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Shaking his head he then makes a snap decision. He begins running to intercept the ship and yelling at the top of his lungs for them to stop.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Bryan shouts as he throws rocks (which fly high and easily) toward the nearing ship, "GUYS! I'd recommend getting up here a little bit. If you don't you might sink into the sand like it were water!"

Isaac echoes the request, "GUYS, Move up the rocks a little bit." Isaac turns and looks up above the cliff to see if there is any unusual movement, but sees nothing.

April starts rattling off a stream of consciousness rush of words that ends with a shrill scream.

Hari half-turns in response to Isaacs call for them to move up the rocks and is quickly scrambling his way back up when Aprils scream causes startles him and he again spins to face the ship. As the vessel looms larger as it approaches his mind is racing and in desperation he pulls his shirt from where it hangs around his waist and starts waving it in the air - hopefully a X-large white flag will get some attention from the ships crew. Dustin hustles up onto a large rock a few feet up the slope.

Frank, however, just stares at the approaching ship. Shaking his head he then makes a snap decision. He begins running to intercept the ship, his steps long and fast and assured, yelling at the top of his lungs for them to stop. The ship is still about forty or so yards away, but it's close enough now that everyone gets a better look at the strange vessel. Frank can just make out shadowy figures near the bow that seem to be gesturing in his direction. There's something odd about their dark outlines against the night sky.

The sand indeed washes away from bow just like water would move before a ship. The desert floor ripples all around the craft. As Frank rushes forward, he sees the sand about half way between him and the approaching ship begin to quiver and roll like waves. Several rocks vanish from sight, sinking into the desert. A large bush begins to bob. All around the ship for about sixty feet, the earth moves and acts for all intents and purposes like water. Frank, who has thrown in his penny, is pretty much in for a pound now. He seriously doubts he can outrun the uncanny transformation surrounding the ship moving at full sail.

Isaac and April, with the advantage of higher ground, get a better look than anyone else at the deck and crew of the ship. At first, the scene doesn't make sense. It certainly can't be real. The crew aren't human, even if they are vaguely humanoid. Scurrying about the deck and along the rigging are dozens of creatures. Covered with what appears to be a hard carapace, four segmented arms, large bug-eyes. Several are moving toward the bow railing, pointing toward Frank.

84344.jpg

Talviarianna

First Post
The scream ment to get the boat crew's attention dies on April's lips and she stands paralized by the sureal scene before her. She reaches out and cluches Issac's arm, her eyes transfixed on the strange creatures. Are you seeing this? Please tell me you don't see a boat full of bugs... She slowly turns to look at Issac and says in a breathless whisper, fear filling her eyes. What kind of screwed up 'Planet of the Apes' crap is this!

Remove ads