• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

We're Not in Kansas Any More

hafrogman

Adventurer
Walking backwards, trying to find a stable place to stand, Dustin gazes upwards at the ship. Unaware of its contents, he cups his hands around his mouth and calls out.

"Hello up there!"

Glognar Beldin

First Post
Feeling the fear of April's hands digging into my arm, all I can do is stand there and gaze in amazement at what I'm seeing. I hear April mention something about ape's and I respond, "I dont think those are Ape's April..!!"

I stand there not really sure what to do next.

Thinking to himself...
it's like we are cornered here in this cave, with no way out, what should we do, what should we do. What are those things..?

With a stunned and puzzled look, I yell "Dustin, get the HELL out of there.."

Isaac then tries to position himself to help Frank up into the cave entrance if he is coming this way..

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Oops! Meant to post this here as well:

Important Genre Rule!

Since it's about to become relevant, there's a lot different about not being in Kansas anymore. One thing, which I've hinted at a few times, is there's somewhat less gravity. This has the following effects:

* Your characters' Jump distances are increased by 50%.
* Your characters' get +10 feet of ground speed.
* Figure your carrying capacity as if your character's Strength is 5 points higher.
* Enjoy a +1 bonus on Strength checks involving sustained application of pressure or strength, including grapple checks and breaking objects, but not including Strength-based skill checks or damage.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Hari focusses on the ship looming large before him and then on the smaller figure of Frank running towards them as the sand deforms behind him. The adrenaline is still pumping through his veins as he looks around trying to find some way to help.

"If we can line out to him" he says to himself as he looks down at the shirt held in his hands "Everyone form a chain" he calls "if one of us can get to Frank we can all pull him in before he gets sucked under..."

With that he clambers down towards the sand below and hopefully can get Frank back up onto the rock...

Talviarianna

First Post
Hearing Hari call everyone to help Frank, April quickly climbs down the slope to aid in forming a chain to rescue Frank from drowning in the sands. As she nears the others at the base of the cliff she says, That ship! It's crawling with bug men... They look like giant praying mantis.

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
Seeing the stones he is throwing at the ship travel farther than he has ever been able to throw things, he looks to others. "This is place is messed up!"

And with that he heads down to help the others as much as possible. "Maybe he can jump to......" Bryan's word stop dead at what April said. "Bu-bu-bu....bug men?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Attack!, Round 1

The sand billows before the strange ships bow as Frank sprints, desperately trying to reach safety. His steps are long, sure, each one carrying him into a bounding leap covering a half dozen of so feet.

Back on the rocks, April and Isaac are yelling. Frank hears something about "bugs" over the hiss of the unnatural surf gaining on him from behind. He sees Hari, April, Dustin, Isaac, and Bryan forming a human chain, stretching from the rocks out onto the sand. Hari is at the end closest to Frank, urging him to run faster.

Then there's a loud, hollow whoomp! from the ship's bow and a barbed net spins engulfs Frank! Frank tumbles to the sand about ten or so yards from Hari.

OOC - Okay, everyone! I went ahead and rolled initiative for the characters, as follows: "Bugs" (19), Frank (17), Bryan (14), April (10), Hari (9), Dustin (8), Isaac (6), the ship (1). Ya'll can roll your own dice for actions if you want.

[sblock=About Frank]Frank is entangled in a wickedly barbed net. He has a -2 penalty on attacks and a -4 penalty on DEX, can move at only half speed, and cannot charge or run. The net is attached to a trailing rope leading back to the ship, but the rope is slack for the moment. Frank can escape with a DC 20 Escape Artist check or a DC 25 Strength check, both a full-round action that will inflict some damage due to the barbs. Beating the escape DC by 2 or more points, however, gets Frank out unharmed. No matter what, he's almost certainly going to be in the "water" before he gets out.[/sblock]

Yellow Sign

Explorer
"DAMN!" yells Frank as the barbed net engulfs him. His first instinct is to try and pull the net off of himself.

Frank[sblock]Well it might be smart but Frank would try a STR check +3 to get the net off of him. Come on 20! :) [/sblock]

Remove ads