• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Werewolf: The Forsaken Interest Thread

Graf

Explorer
Obviously it depends a lot on what Tokiwong is interested in running.

Having said that I don’t personally feel that there are any Auspices that are –must- have. If we wind up with more spiritualists and sneakers then we’ll effectively play a more detective/investigation type game. More Rahu and it’ll be more combat oriented.

One issue with a “first change” type game is that the characters can be tricky to string together unless the players work on it. I.e. making each other blood relatives, or from the same town, or something like that. Starting off a game by running 5 different preludes and then weaving them together can be a lot of work.

Shalimar

First Post
Graf said:
One issue with a “first change” type game is that the characters can be tricky to string together unless the players work on it. I.e. making each other blood relatives, or from the same town, or something like that. Starting off a game by running 5 different preludes and then weaving them together can be a lot of work.

I was figuring something more a long the lines of him saying, have your characters be at a certain place or whatever reason and we could start with the actual change. Perhaps a change induced by malicious spirits in daylight so we could still have various auspices. But yeah, it depends on what Toki wants to do.

IcyCool

First Post
*sigh* Looks like I'm out of luck on access to the book. Just as well I suppose, I can only post on the weekdays. Sorry about that Toki, looks like I'll have to back out.

Tokiwong

First Post
I think a first change game would be fun, my only fear is that everyone has to be on board with the idea; it works well for tabletop, but sometimes things can fall apart in PbP because of the slower medium.

Graf

Explorer
Since it seemed like we were relatively new to the setting, and a lot of people don't have the book it seemed like a reasonable way to ease into the setting.

But if it's too logisitically tricky perhaps it should be dropped.

We could also do an initial event/adventure when the first change happened and then "fast forward" a few months to "starting werewolf" power level.

Graf

Explorer
Shalimar said:
I was figuring something more a long the lines of him saying, have your characters be at a certain place or whatever reason and we could start with the actual change. Perhaps a change induced by malicious spirits in daylight so we could still have various auspices. But yeah, it depends on what Toki wants to do.
This would probably work a bit better, for play by post gaming.

My understanding is that during first change you don't have much control; fiction centered around first change in the books is often "and then he woke up in the woods and couldn't remember anything but the bear was found horribly mangled".

But we could be a special case.
I really don't think the Auspices are going to be an issue, but why doesnt everyone just post what they're interested in so we have an idea about where things stand:
Preferred: Irraka (New Moon)
2nd choice: Cresent Moon, Rahu (Full Moon)
(I can play anything of course)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads