Westworld Season 4

pukunui

Legend
Anyone else watch season 4 of Westworld? I watched the finale last night. Still trying to process what it all means ...

On the one hand, it was a bit of a downer, but on the other, it kind of felt like it was setting things up for a final season, and I know that the showrunners had always envisioned doing five seasons, so maybe? But I note HBO hasn't renewed the show yet ...

This season definitely left me feeling a bit more confused than the previous seasons did.

• Why did Bernard open the door to the Sublime? Couldn't Halores have uploaded Chrilores without the door being opened?
  • If the humans are all going to die out, what was the point of including Frankie? Unless Dolores is mistaken, and Frankie and the other outliers will survive and keep the species from going extinct.
  • If the humans (and the hosts) all die out in the physical world, who will maintain the server farm at the Hoover Dam to ensure that the Sublime doesn't go offline too?
  • What was up with the guy who killed himself because Chrilores was messing up his story? Was he a real person in the real world (and if so, how did he see her?) or was he a virtual person in the virtual world? If the latter, was he a host in virtual form?

So many questions!

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
Haven't watched it yet. Season 3 reached a point where, IMO, the lengths to which it attempted to be convoluted and "deep" made it feel extremely pretentious. I dread the thought of having to sit through it again in order to have a chance of comprehending season 4.

Then again, maybe I'm just getting dumber as I get older.

pukunui

Legend
I enjoyed season 3. I didn't really have too much trouble following along. This season started off well. It just ended rather abruptly without a particularly satisfying resolution.

I mostly enjoyed this season, though I feel the ending was weak, because it seemed like it reduced the importance of some of the story during the season itself.
Though it definitely sets up a "final" season.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I wasnt sure if I was going to do it after season 3. I liked the direction they went overall for season 4, but it really felt like 4 episodes stretched out to 8. The first several episodes really felt like they were trying to pull a fast one on the audience. The reveals were not too impressive, even though I liked the direction. The ending was a bit meh. I expected a lot more out of all the characters.

If this is it for WW, I'd be fine with it.

Remove ads