What Actors/Actresses can save a bad movie for you?

Berandor

lunatic
Now, there are good actors, and bad ones. There are also actors/actresses who have a bad track record, but always try (and sometimes manage) to elevate a bad movie to something better. These actors/actresses shine in almost any part, and sometimes save a movie experience by their effort alone. These are thespians that make you want to see their movie despite you knowing it's crap.

Which ones are on your list?
On mine are:
Rutger Hauer
Chirstopher Walken
Gene Hackman
Angelina Jolie
Johnny Depp
Kate Winslet

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
None - a bad movie is a bad movie and no matter who is in it will not make it better.

Now I respect and like Angelina Jolie, she is one of those people who really is a good person (time/money/image/commitment to issues) but she can not save a bad movie.

John Crichton

First Post
The first actor I thought of when reading the title was Johnny Depp. Others I can think of are Sam Jackson, Lawrence Fishburne, Kevin Spacey, Bruce Campbell, Cary Elwes, Al Pachino and Jamie Lee Curtis.

El Ravager

First Post
I gotta second Bruce Campbell and Chirstopher Walken. I like watching them so much that its worth watching a sub par movie. I mean, who else could take a movie so bizarre as Buhba-Hotep and make it not just watchable, but a fun movie?

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
I don't really think there are actors who can save bad movies - but I do think there are actors whose presence in a movie is a pretty good guarantee of quality. Bruce Willis has been that way, pretty much since Pulp Fiction, though he wasn't always good at making choices. George Clooney is lik that, as is Brad Pitt. Julia Roberts has been a good guide for a while, though early in here career, she wasn't so good at choosing films.

Dimwhit

Explorer
Some that were already mentioned, like Bruce Cambpell, Kate Beckinsale, and Christpher Walken. Also Morgan Freeman, Nicholas Cage (not sure why) and Jackie Chan, if he's fighting (because let's face it, some of his movies are horrible, but he's still enjoyable to watch).

Pyrex

First Post
It really depends not only on how bad the movie is, but why it's bad.

Good actors can work wonders with truly wretched dialog by bringing the right presence to the character.

Ex:
-> Gary Oldman

Remove ads