• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are we?

Why do you come to ENWorld?

• I come here because I am a gamer

Votes: 171 68.4%
  • I come here because I play 3E D&D

Votes: 79 31.6%

sjmiller

Explorer
I know that pretty much the only reason I come here is for information on D&D 3.0 and 3.5. Once those stop being the major focus of the site, I will most likely come here less and less. I go to other sites for information on non-D&D related gaming. If I didn't play D&D I would probably have never come to this site, to be honest.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Piratecat said:
Interesting benchmark, and probably an accurate one. rpg.net is clearly more suited to the eclectic gamer. . .

You'd think that, though between here and Story Games, I get much more productive discussion of non-d20 products in any given month than I did in five plus years of posting at RPGnet. That said, there is less overall discussion.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
sjmiller said:
I know that pretty much the only reason I come here is for information on D&D 3.0 and 3.5. Once those stop being the major focus of the site, I will most likely come here less and less. I go to other sites for information on non-D&D related gaming. If I didn't play D&D I would probably have never come to this site, to be honest.

Thats pretty much my feeling as well. Once 4E takes a hold, I'll have less and less reason to come back. :(

Treebore

First Post
DragonLancer said:
Thats pretty much my feeling as well. Once 4E takes a hold, I'll have less and less reason to come back. :(

Don't bet on that. I quit playing 3E over two years ago. However I still game, and there are plenty of general topics brought up for any gamer of any fantasy system to talk about.

Still, my intimate familiarity with 3E is probably helpful in my understanding some aspects of a thread topic, but ultimately its a game question, not a game system question. Those questions are posted in the 3E rules forum.

Plus there is a forum here on ENWorld where all other games can be talked about.

One thing I have noticed about ENWorld is its moderation. You won't post a question or opinion on this board and have 8 out of the first 12 responses be rude.

So thanks mods, your efforts do make a difference, even when I'm one of the ones your warning. :)

Asmor

First Post
I'm a gamer, but I come here for D&D. I don't expect it to be restricted to D&D, though.

So I chose the gamer option.

Remove ads