• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are we?

Why do you come to ENWorld?

• I come here because I am a gamer

Votes: 171 68.4%
  • I come here because I play 3E D&D

Votes: 79 31.6%

Ry

Explorer
Gosh... yeah, I'm a gamer. I have no special love of 3(.5)E and its various incarnations, although I do have a kidney-dialysis style attachment to it due to the fact that I sold my kidneys in 2003 to pay for the giant stack of books on my immediate right.

Good times.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Initially, I came here because I was a gamer and I found these forums to be better moderated (i.e., more professionally moderated) than other general RPG discussion forums and, generally speaking, friendlier.

I stayed because, not only were my first impressions of the place dead-on, but because the community discussed D&D 3x with a genuine enthusiasm and lack of malaise that was difficult for me to find elsewhere.

Today I'm still a gamer -- but I'm also a D&D 3x player. Thanks, ENWorld!

Last edited:

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
I come here because 95% of the posters are courteous human beings who I would be glad to play D&D with.

The simple rules and vigilant mods who make sure that the less than courteous comments don't live long enough to lure more of that 5%, and allows adult discussions to continue even with heated opinions on all sides.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I come here because I'm a gamer looking for gaming news.

Some forums can focus on certain games, and some can be open to all sorts of games. I know the bias around here is for d20 gaming, but I feel it should be open to all sorts of games.

That being said, one might find more conversation on (example) RIFTS on a RIFTS fan site than here. However, I don't think the mods would squash a RIFTS discussion.

So while I think these stomping grounds are d20-focused, I don't think they're exclusively d20. One's mileage may vary, though.

*shrugs*

ThirdWizard

First Post
Hrm... I don't know if I'd post here if I didn't play D&D. If I just ran Shadowrun, for instance, most things on ENWorld wouldn't be directly useful to me. Thankfully, I do play D&D and post here. :)

Starglim

Explorer
My interests are certainly wider than D&D. I'd regard this board, though, as mainly about d20, including 4e assuming it still falls into that category, with some discussion of general tabletop RPG culture. I wouldn't see it as a major source of information specifically for other games.

Woas

First Post
It is the General RPG board for a reason. I think the "D&D Rules" board is more for "3e players" since its pretty specific what topics go there.

Just because D&D/3e tends to get the most lip service on this particular board doesn't mean its only 3e talk though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads