What are you playing that is NOT D&D?

Siberys

Adventurer
While 4e is my system of choice as a DM, my group is taking a break and doing Savage Worlds using the Day After Ragnarok setting. There are two reasons for this; first, Day After Ragnarok is awesome. Second, I'm trying to get better at improvisation and off-the-cuff GMing, so the campaign is going to be a very loose sandbox type. I feel I have too much of a tendancy to get very railroady with precisely planned plots.

I also play in a Pathfinder game, though I think that counts as D&D.

When we just want a laugh, we play The Imp Game. The author is the owner of a local game store, and is a good friend of mine, so that kind of helps the choice along.

Wombat

First Post
Currently I am playing in a NWoD Changeling game (Max Drengle, "werepigeon", actually Beast Windwing), GURPS fantasy (Delvran the Shade, sneaky wizard), and NWoD Hunter (Alexander "AW" Washburn, nerdy Net-0 datageek).

I am also setting up a steampunk campaign using the SotC rules -- so far I have three players and am looking around for a fourth, but I will gleefully run with the three I have. :)

Haven't played D&D as such (other than NWN, which isn't the same thing) in about a year now.

The Green Adam

First Post
Yes

Begrudgingly I am running one D&D campaign but its so houseruled and modified it isn't really D&D at this point. Other than that...?

Running...

Ghostbusters (A merging of WEG D6 and InSpectres)
Star Trek (LUG ICON System)
Star Wars (WEG D6)

and possibly soon

Champions (4th Edition)

I usually run, rarely play and almost never run or play D&D.

AD
Barking Alien

maddman75

First Post
Currently Playing

Hunter: The Vigil
Call of Cthulhu

Longer games in the last year
Hollow Earth Expedition
Aberrant
Exalted
Slipstream (Savage Worlds Flash Gordon)
TMNT (Palladium)
Vampire: The Masquerade
Buffy: The Vampire Slayer
Mutants & Masterminds

One Shots in the last year
InSpectres
Don't Rest Your Head
The Shotgun Diaries
All Flesh Must Be Eaten
Dread
Werewolf: The Apocalypse
Mouseguard

I think that's about it. Boot Hill is coming up for a short campaign, and Dragon Age for a one-shot. I'm going to work Dogs in soon.

We don't really play much D&D because our group can't agree on an edition. There's 2-3 that like 4e, 2-3 that like 3e, and 2-3 that like AD&D. I'm one of the 4e people, but there's a long list of games that I'm more interested in.

lobsterGun

Explorer
What roleplaying games other than D&D (any edition, including retroclones) are you playing, planning on playing, or would like to play?

My Friday night group just finished a 2 year long 5th edition Champions campaign. The campaign started us at around 150 points and progressed us up to 325. Here's a link to the campaign page LINK.

After running for two years, our GM is exhausted, so next week I'm starting an on again off again Pathfinder game using some of Rolemaster's Arms Law and Spell law in lieu of the traditional D&D combat and spellcasting systems (see LINK for details). The game will probably consist of dungeon crawls drawn from a bunch of old first edition modules, but I'm also considering checking out Kingmaker. I've got a week to figure it out.

I'll be alternating with another GM who will be running a hero system based sci-fi game. The characters will be normal folks ripped from their rather pedestrian lives and exiled off-world for various petty crimes (the character I'm planning is a master Chef who has been exiled for defying the ban on Pâté de foie gras).

D&D 4E. Oops.

However, I just finished an enlightening adventure as a player that used Spirit of the Century. Now I'm writing an adventure for that system! Excellent stuff, for my style.

Remove ads