What boardgames are you playing in 2012?

catsclaw227

First Post
Hey there!

I was curious what boardgames are dominating your table this month year.

I just picked up Dominant Species and that is getting some play. I also got Earth Reborn and I am wanting to give that a few plays as well. We've played a lot of the D&D Adventure game series in the past and it's getting kinda easy for us, especially Legend of Drizzt. That one has gotten ridiculously easy for us (4 player) to crush.

I am, though, going to take a shot and paint my Wrath of Ashardalon minis to see if I still have any mini-painting chops... we'll see.

Last month it was Gears of War (the boardgame), which is very fun and has the same fast/furious stress as the video game. That along with Battles of Westeros and Dust Tactics spent the a lot of time on the table last month (along with the D&D Adventure game series mentioned above.

What have you been playing so far in March 2012?

Last edited:

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
I've played Village two times. The game has lots of dials to temer with, so it'll take some time to find a decent strategy. The bad part is that players with some experience will probably mop the floor with inexperienced ones, so Village doesn't qualify as a game you just pull off the shelf and place on the table.

Last edited:

Wycen

Explorer
Well this Tuesday I played Manila and Ascension. While I was playing the others played a game of Nortre Dame, and others played The Road to Canterbury. Some of the group also got a round of Telestrations in as well, wish I had got in on that.

Last week I played Qwirkle and other stuff that escapes me at the moment. Maybe Glenmore? Pax, the card game with the Roman theme, yeah, that for sure.

Also a few Saturday's ago some of my friends played Android for like 7 hours and didn't finish.

Our Tuesday night group usually tries to have a theme or game of the month, but I don't think we decided on one for March.

babomb

First Post
Last weekend, I played Puerto Rico and Cosmic Encounter. This weekend or next, I hope to get in a game of Twilight Imperium and/or a couple of games of Risk Legacy, and on March 24th, I'm planning to go to Socal Games Day.

Richards

Legend
These days, almost all of my board game time is spent playing with my 5-year-old nephew, who lives with us. Favorites include the Marvel Superheroes Game, Sorry!, Aggravation, and the Superhero Harry Game - the last one of which we built ourselves a few weekends ago.

He's also a fan of Go Fish and Uno (although the latter isn't the standard deck but a simplified version featuring Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends).

Johnathan

Remove ads