• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What books are you looking forward to?

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur Dzur

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I wish to have A little Dance, A little Dance, A great big whopping tiny little Dance.

I wish to have A little Dance, A Dance by Dragons, a Dance of Dragons, Dancing Dragons with some flagons.

Oh can I can I, please, oh can I, go out and Dance with Dragons? Oh, the Dancing Dragons.

A Dragon Dancing in a fancy really can be dandy and a candy mountain shall I give thus to the Dragons Dancing in my hallway as I sashay to my armchair and read a great big whopping tiny little book called A Dance of Dragons.

:D

KaosDevice

Explorer
Hmmmm....

Whatever Jack McDevitt writes next, don't care what it is, idtto for Christopher Moore... and Dance of course, like most everyone else.

Abe.ebA

First Post
Couple of new books out recently that I'm looking forward to getting: Vellum: The Book of All Hours by Hal Duncan, Rainbow's End by Vinge, and Charles Stross' new Family Trade series book, the title of which I've forgotten. Kim Harrison's Fistful of Charms was supposed to be out around the 1st but has been pushed back to the 27th, so now looking forward to that rather than the preferred status of having already bought it by now ;) And of course Martin's Dance.

Lots of books that I just haven't gotten around to but am looking forward to, and the usual list of 'whatever is new from': Simon R Green, Jack McDevitt, Jim Butcher, Robert Jordan, Tamara Jones, Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, Neil Stephenson (if he ever starts writing something other than the Baroque Cycle, which I just can't get into for some reason), Rowling, Robert Wilson, etc. etc. etc.

Has anyone read the Hal Duncan book I mentioned above? The premise sounds awesome (near-future, angels and demons walking the earth, the universe as a written work in a fundamental language of creation which is used as a weapon by said angels and demons) but the Amazon reviews left me a little hesitant at forking over $20something for the oversize paperback. Speaking of which, why are so many publishers going to oversize paperbacks (which I'm sure there's a fancier name for) before publishing normal paperbacks? They don't fit in a bookshelf as easily as a normal-size paperback and aren't as durable as a hardcover but cost nearly the same. I guess it's a winning proposition from the point of view of the publisher for new or less-well-known authors who want a big, shelf-dominating store presence for their new title but don't merit a hardcover release (as with Vellum) but I've been seeing a number of books that either go Hardcover->oversize PB->regular PB or even HC->PB->OOP->oversize PB->PB and one or two HC->oversize PB and regular PB simultanesouly...

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
James Ellroy's Police Gazette, Keith Baker's The Gates of Night, George R. R. Martin's A Dance of Dragons, J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Seventh Thingy.

Remove ads