• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What books would you like to see WOTC do

Wik

First Post
Kheti sa-Menik said:
A new UA..like Unearthed Arcana 2...more variant rules. Maybe even some campaign "overlays"....rules you can use to make your D&D game have a certain flavor....i.e. low magic, steampunk, prehistoric, etc.

Yeah. The big thing wotc hasn't released is a "Campaign Creation Book" - not the DMG 2, which has some useful campaign tools, but a book DESIGNED for creating unique worlds. How to make random encounter lists that make sense. How to create an arabic feel, a low-magic feel, a post-apocalyptic feel, a steampunk feel. Hell, a system where you could create a campaign (almost like a D&D character, with feats and everything) would be amazing.

Ry

Explorer
OK, that's just freaky. You know, that is EXACTLY what my bookcase looks like right behind me, and the book is positioned EXACTLY where my D&D books cluster.

Siegfried Niemand

First Post
I would buy a book in...

...the environment series on swamps.
...the heroes series on running realms.
...the monster series on constructs.
...the monster series on fey.

I would also buy campaign hardbacks for Birthright, Greyhawk, and Planescape (though I know these will never be available).

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
rycanada said:
OK, that's just freaky. You know, that is EXACTLY what my bookcase looks like right behind me, and the book is positioned EXACTLY where my D&D books cluster.
Modern day U.S. satellite technology is amazing, ain't it? ;)

sakkara

First Post
Others have suggested some of them as well -- I would buy the following in a heartbeat:

* Draconiconicom (sp?) -style books for Fey & Giants
* Planescape setting book
* FR regional book on the Cold Lands (Vaasa/Damara/etc)
* A Celestial Codex
* Greyhawk setting book
* Environment books for swamps/moors
* Fiendish Codex III
* Elite Opponents/NPCs "Rogue's gallery"
* Dark Sun setting book

I'd buy every single one....

- Sakkara

Last edited:

Anti-Sean

First Post
Ranger REG said:
IOW, a Libris Gigantes.
Yes, if WotC wants to continue the theme of incorrectly translated Latin. :) Liber Gigantum would give them a fresh start (although IIRC, they played off the translation issue nicely in the Introduction section of LM).

An Eberron book focusing on Darguun would warm the cockles of my dark and withered heart. That's about the only book that I can think of a pressing need for at the moment (for me, anyways).

Greg K

Legend
Most of what I want has been done by other companies. However, there are a few things that I would like to see including:

Darksun campaign setting book: provided it stayed true to the original setting and does not introduce the garbage from the Dragon article.

Al Quadim/Land of Fate setting book

Greyhawk setting book: provided that a) it is written by Erik Mona; b) includes the Greyhawk feats; c) includes the core belief articles material (the exception would be saving these articles for a Faiths of Greyhawk; d) it ignores Living Greyhawk and does not try to make room for every class and race that WOTC has introduced.

Complete Warlock: a collection of all warlock material currently produced plus new warlock feats, class variants for heritages, prestige classes, invocations, and new/variant invocations for the different heritages. The book would also take an approach similar to Green Ronin's shaman's Handbook and Witch's Handbook from the master class series in how it examines the class.

They would then follow up the Complete Warlock with other books that similarly explore individual classes in such an extensive manner.

A Giant book

A Fey Book

A jungle book

A marsh book

Unearthed Arcana 2

JeffB

Legend
A simplified version of the rules that lies somewhere between the absolute monstrosity that 3.5 has become and the current Basic Game set. Something with a tad more "meat" than C&C.

i.e. 4E :p

Seriously. AFAIC, it's time.

I'm kinda liking what I'm seeing from the SW Saga rules snippets fwiw.

also:

Greyhawk Hardcover
Non-randomized minis
Less pricey, less "pretty" rulebooks. Spare the color, spare 2/3 of the art. Think LGG.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
An official Order of the Stick RPG -- a hardcover book with glossy pages, full-color artwork (by Burlew), and setting info compiled from the strip.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads