• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What books would you like to see WOTC do

Ian Demagi

Explorer
Books I 'd Like to see

The Complete Adventuring Party

Stategy and Tactics Tips & Tricks for a 4 PC party.

How to build a party,

Strategy and Tactics

Spell Enhancements for Party members

The PHB2 had a small section on this which was OK, but it was for newbies and was very basic. So many WotC products look at D & D as a"what can I do to max out my character"
instead of what makes the party most effective.

Ian

hong

WotC's bitch
Ian Demagi said:
The PHB2 had a small section on this which was OK, but it was for newbies and was very basic. So many WotC products look at D & D as a"what can I do to max out my character"
instead of what makes the party most effective.

And thank god for that. When the revolution comes, this view of the "party" as a monolithic, mechanical construct with characters as cogs, instead of a group of diverse individuals who share a common interest, will be first against the wall.

Hong "it's almost... communist" Ooi

Ian Demagi

Explorer
what I'D like to see

"And thank god for that. When the revolution comes, this view of the "party" as a monolithic, mechanical construct with characters as cogs, instead of a group of diverse individuals who share a common interest, will be first against the wall."

Revolution or not, a D & D party is based on team work, and PC's do not operate in a vacuum.

I agree with the cogs comment. For example,Why does the cleric always have to heal first, fight second? In 3.5 Clerics certainly acquired some ability to kick some serious fanny with the juggernaut combo (Divine Favor, Divine Power, & Righteous Might). I saw at a con one time a Fighter get taken to half hit points right after a cleric just finnished whipping himself into a glowing engine of destruction. The fighter was all about "heal me", the guy playing the cleric (of a dwarven war god) said "fight now, heal the survivors later-you want healing right now, chug a potion."

Ian

Hussar

Legend
I'd like to see a sort of Companion Rules book. A DMG devoted to design and play from 11th-20th level. Lots of ideas, tricks, tips, shortcuts and other goodies for high level play before Epic.

Ant

First Post
Book of Gear - more rope, backpacks and antitoxins
Greyhawk Campaign Setting HC - more Mordenkainen and GH-related rules
Unearthed Arcana 2 - more variants, options, house rules and ideas
Player's Handbook III - more base classes and player options

If these were available right now I'd be handing over the dosh without hesitation.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Something I forgot:

Revised Miniatures Handbook. In fact, this could be a boxed set: Book, some maps, counters for different things, nice dice for the DDM game (with faction symbols and all that), stuff like that (of course, a book with some maps added would work, too).

The book would not contain the DDM rules themselves, but rules for DDM campaigns, large scale battles, Dungeon Crawling scenarios (along the lines of HeroQuest; they might even be playable without a DM), a lot of fun and innovative DDM scenarios, Tips for incorporating DDM skirmishes (and mass battles) into D&D, advice for converting D&D critters into DDM stats, and so on.

hong said:
And thank god for that. When the revolution comes, this view of the "party" as a monolithic, mechanical construct with characters as cogs, instead of a group of diverse individuals who share a common interest, will be first against the wall.

Funny you should mention that: My DMG 4e which was delivered early by TempEx*, has a sidebar which states: "When the revolution came, the view of the "party" as a monolithic, mechanical construct with characters as cogs, instead of a group of diverse individuals who share a common interest, was first against the wall"

*That's what you get when you tell the interns to reset the clocks and tell him why he should never play with *that* clock!

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Die, Elminster, Die?

Seriously, I'd like a Planescape hardcover and a Sigil box.

/M

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads