• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What books would you like to see WOTC do

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Oh, one more....

Expanded Ams & Equipment Guide: the best bits from the original, the best bits from supplemental books and all the stuff from Dungeon and Drgaon magazines.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Fey Folk- I want a nice solid hardcover on Fey, not disnified happy fey, the kind of fey that made people appease them with the name "Fair Folk." It should give a good solid explanation of how Fey relate to alignments, each other, non-Fey. And especially it needs to have tons of pre-made new Fey to make up for the deficit and tables for rapidly constructing Unique Fey of each level.

Celestials- Evil I've got no problems with in my games. Evil I can handle very well enough on my own (perhaps too easily) my problem is good. I need something to help me deal with that other half of the alignment wheel, the one that doesn't smell like brimstone. As it is I've heard a few recommendations but the only one I really have hope for is A Light From On High and the 'Freaks won't be done with that for some time if ever.

A lot of interesting ideas mentioned, but the only ones that would be must buys for me are:

Heroes of Intrigue
Rogues Gallery.

A Complete Feats and a Fey book might be intriguing, butthese are a tougher sell for me.

I would also like to see more adventures along the lines of Red Hand of Doom, not so much the hardcover Expedition stuff, but softcover mega-module that serves as the spine for a campaign (without being complete 1-20) and well written as RHOD was. Slaughtergarde and Barrow were disappointing in that vein for me.

I would also like to see a toolkit that helps DMs and players build a D&D game with certain conceits and themes (low magic, steam punk, prehistoric, science fantasy, mythology/historical based etc.). How to design adventures, balance monsters and magic, how classes and prstige classes fit in, etc. Maybe call it the Complete Campaign or Complete DM or something similar. No need ofr separate books, but a sinlge toolkoit style book with samples for tailoring the rules to specific style campaigns/settings, and guidelines for doing it yourself for those not covered.

-M

Set

First Post
If half of the stuff in this thread came about, I'd have to take out a second mortgage on my soul to afford it all!

I'd love to see;

Greyhawk CS
Al-Qadim CS
Kara-Tur CS
Spelljammer CS
Mystara CS
Planescape CS
[All single-book hardcovers, like the FRCS or ECS, leaving future development dependent on sales. Don't flood the market if the stuff doesn't sell!]

Complete Giants
Complete Fey
Complete Constructs
Complete Goblinoids

Woodlands region book (a la Stormwrack, Frostburn, Sandstorm)
Swamps region book (ditto)

Arms & Equipment 2
Alchemy & Herbalism

Complete Skills (with heavy focus on use of Crafting skills & Interaction skills (diplomacy, intimidate, etc.))
Complete Feats

Rogues Gallery (loved that book! It would be great to see 1-20 progressions for each of the signature characters, Ember, Hennet, Kerwin, Naull, etc. and also sample characters from the various other books, like Morthos, the 'iconic' Warlock or Ialdabode, the 'iconic' telepath, as well as dozens of other sample characters, usable as BBEGs or other 'boss mobs')

A version of the Polymorph / Wild Shape mechanic that doesn't break the game and / or suck. Is it really that hard?

Kunimatyu

First Post
A Monster series Giants book.

A Monster series Yugoloths/Demodands book

An Environment Series forest/swamp book (or have each as its own book)

Complete Warlock

Heroes of Myth - play characters in a Norse, Greek, or other mythic setting

Battlefields - a book with interesting encounter layouts and types of terrain for PCs to use in battle, similar to the action zones in Iron Heroes. It would also feature more of the 'encounter traps' detailed in Dungeonscape.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
The Complete Compendium! :p

Seriously, the other continents of Toril would be good, as would any number of the other suggestions. But no one's mentioned a monster book for magical beasts --- why no love? I'd think there could be as much good material there as there was for Lords of Madness.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
The Truth said:
Gotta echo some of the above ideas. My list:
Races of the Green - book of goblinoids

Dont you mean Races of the Yellow, reds and oranges?

goblins are only green in video games, spider man comics and the UK.

Thurbane

First Post
3.5 Rogues Gallery (A large book of ready to use NPCs)
3.5 Arms & Equipment Guide (or an Arms & Equipment Compendium, of mundane items from various 3.5 books)
3.5 Deities and Demigods

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads