• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What Campaign Setting Do You Plan On Using?

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
In the past, since about 1987 or so, I've run my own homegrown campaign settings. Now that I'm older, lazier and busier, since about 2010, my D&D stuff took place in Greyhawk. I'm always looking to take some of the work load off of me. With 5e, it's a toss-up between Greyhawk (1st ed Box set) or Forgotten Realms (Grey Box). I typically don't add anything beyond those two because I run into people who know more about the settings than I do. By keeping it just those two things, I set a very nice and clear cut baseline for my campaigns.

Greyhawk is leading by a beak.

tsadkiel

Legend
I'm doing the "assemble a setting from bits and pieces of assorted supplements" thing this time around. At the moment, the party is adventuring on the Golden Coast from Goodman Games' Points of Light II (sort of fantasy Colonial America, but the natives are post-apocalyptic bronze age Greeks), but they've learned that the ancient serpent-man conspiracy they've been fighting stretches as far away as fabled Parsantium, where something big lurks beneath the city. They may decide to travel, or they may not.

Gargoyle

Adventurer
I like FR well enough, and since it's the default and I don't have a lot of spare time I'm going to use it. But I'm satisfying my urge to create by crafting an island kingdom off the Sword Coast and starting them in a port city called Torchwalk. So even though it uses FR gods, factions, etc, it's going to be somewhat homebrewed at low levels, and mostly urban adventuring. I figure at level five or six they will be ready to venture beyond the isle into the rest of Faerun, but we will have to see where it takes us.

heptat

Explorer
You should've made this a poll!

Greyhawk is tempting. But it's going to be Mystara (you guessed it, Night's Dark Terror).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads