D&D 5E What can my character lie about?

CAFRedblade

Explorer
NPC's the lie could be anything.
To PC's, you like them, and are constantly doing A Fisherman's Tale. (bragging, exagerrating)
Did you see any goblins up ahead. Yes, a whole group of Twelve, viscious little guys, had to sneak
around all stealthy like. In reality, 4 goblins, and they walked past your position in the underbrush.

PC's catch up to and kill the 4, Character responds, the rest must have gone off in another direction,
come on, lets keep going forward away from the other 8.

dewderino

First Post
Instead of lying about lots of things, lie about one thing. Declare yourself to be a different class. (Say, if a non-caster, insist that you are a wizard.) That's it. Just stick to it all the time.
Making this kind of lie can benefit everyone if played correctly. Hide some of your abilities until absolutely necessary for the groups survival/success, then use them. It'd be much easier to hide spell casting abilities than melee, but both cases are equally beneficial in some way.

Rhogar_Rarr

First Post
I have a Trickery Cleric of Leira, so he definitely lies all of the time. He has claimed to be parts of other factions, uses a different name almost every time he's asked, etc. (The DM and fellow players know his real name, but their character's don't!) He will even lie about using magic. He is a blast to play in social situations. I have even earned inspiration for lying to the DM convincingly enough. So at least my group finds it very amusing. So with the right group, I would definitely recommend playing a perpetual liar.

PS-Spewing constant lies is even better with Charm Person and Disguise Self.

Remove ads