• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) What class are YOU most excited to play?

It would be Fighter (so many maneuvers, so little time) but I just have to see an Adept in play. Monks exist in this weird place for me in 5e and I really want to know if the Adpet can change that.

For the caster classes it's Sorcerer all the way. My 5e experience with them has been hot garbage and I hope Level Up changes that.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
It would be Fighter (so many maneuvers, so little time) but I just have to see an Adept in play. Monks exist in this weird place for me in 5e and I really want to know if the Adpet can change that.

For the caster classes it's Sorcerer all the way. My 5e experience with them has been hot garbage and I hope Level Up changes that.
So a cool thing about that!

During one of the playtests I participated in with some other members of the design team, I used the Kensei subclass from Xanathar's (our subclasses were still in development at the time) and was able to make a really awesome rapier-and-dagger acrobatic duelist out of it! That was pretty exciting for me - it really showed the potential of the new classes to go in different directions.

It also might inform some of the 3PP design I do for Level Up going forward.

Timespike

I'll be honest, Adept is what I'm looking forward to playing. I wanna see how you guys did monk up.
It's pretty cool. In particular, I really like the new defensive option that you can pick. That lends itself to some interesting "bruiser" builds that weren't really viable in O5e. I think you'll be pleased.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Oh, definitely Ranger.

And: I'm curious to see what the Adept feels like to play.

And and: with maneuvers available to all Fighters, there's a lot to explore there!

Timespike

Oh, definitely Ranger.

And: I'm curious to see what the Adept feels like to play.

And and: with maneuvers available to all Fighters, there's a lot to explore there!
Oh yeah. I'll be interested to hear which maneuver schools people gravitate towards. I'm a big fan of Sanguine Knot, Tempered Iron, and Unending Wheel myself.

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
I want to see all the Multiclass feats before I make a decision. I definitely like the idea of building a concept towards one of them.

Remove ads