• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Didn't We get for 3.5 Miniatures?

Kolvin

Explorer
I'd have liked a metal miniature set. I'd rather paint my own.

In fact here's my suggestion. They should offer both the random blisters for plastic and non random blisters for metal.

RuminDange

First Post
I would like to have seen all the dragons done in each size, including all metallic, chromatic, gem, and the others like fang, song, shadow, deep. Even Colossal and Gargantuan sized ones for the ones that reach that size.
Having the ones I have really changes player response when they are placed on the game board. (This goes for all of the large and huge minis as well)

RD

Keoki

First Post
blargney the second said:
I really don't understand why the rust monster never made it. Seems like a total no-brainer to me, especially since it's protected IP.
-blarg

While the rust monster would have been nice to have from an RPG standpoint, DDM is a minis game. How would a rust monster work with the minis rules? Extra damage against constructs? Figs with Iron or Steel in their name? Those appearing to wear metal armor? I can only imagine the debates that would cause.

Keoki said:
While the rust monster would have been nice to have from an RPG standpoint, DDM is a minis game. How would a rust monster work with the minis rules? Extra damage against constructs? Figs with Iron or Steel in their name? Those appearing to wear metal armor? I can only imagine the debates that would cause.
D&D Minis is a simplification of D&D, so simply the Rust Monster, have it's attacks inflict a penalty to AC and attacks of it's targets in general, without determining if the target is using metal armor or weapons. Yeah, it loses detail, but that's what you get when you play a minis game that is a simplification of a more complicated game.

Mark said:
I have several. Here's a pic.

<SNIP>

;)
The sad fact is - I saw a "promo" for an Invisible Stalker, it was a base with Invisible Stalker on it. I'm not sure where or who had it, but it was one of the funniest things I ever saw.

Kolvin said:

In fact here's my suggestion. They should offer both the random blisters for plastic and non random blisters for metal.
They tried that, it didn't work and as WotC has said, they aren't in the minis business, just the games business. (I guess the random minis don't count as they are a stand alone product)

Holy Bovine

First Post
megamania said:
Githyanki Knight (solo- not on a Dragon) Githyanki Fighter - Archfiends or Gith Renegade in Giants of Legend

Naga, Spirit the last Naga in DoD is about as close to a Spirit Naga as you can get without calling it that

Zombie (size Large) Zombie Ogre - Aberrations

Living Spells - Living Flaming Sphere - Bloodwar I believe (might be War of the Dragon Queen)

That migth help fill some holes in your must have list.

For me the Remorhaz and Hydra were two that I wanted. Maybe a Morhg. Other than thpse once the G-Cube came out (and the re scuplted Umber Hulk) I was done with the minis. I have so damned many of them and there are other things I want to spend my money on.

Kolvin said:

I like the idea. Especially with the "retired" skirmish figures. I have repainted / remodeled a few of the DDM figures.

Holy Bovine said:
That migth help fill some holes in your must have list.

For me the Remorhaz and Hydra were two that I wanted. Maybe a Morhg. Other than thpse once the G-Cube came out (and the re scuplted Umber Hulk) I was done with the minis. I have so damned many of them and there are other things I want to spend my money on.

The Knight should be more distinctive

One large Zombie isn't enough. More variety please

I've come to really like using the various Nagas

One Living Spell is not enough. I have repainted the Large Air Elemental with dry brushing to give other spells a shot whiched well enough.

Remove ads