• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do people play more of nowadays?

What game do you play most/have the most interest in?

• Poll closed .

Sylrae

First Post
True, not significantly statistically meaningful. I know for example, that I often don't check the General RPG discussion, and tend to hang out in the legacy/pathfinder boards on ENWorld.

But I figure it I leave the poll running for 2 months, maybe the number of people who vote will be a little more accurate. Obviously the only real statistical use this has is for me to compare the trends in the gaming community in this city to the gaming community on ENWorld.

I imagine rpg.net would have given a more accurate spread, as this place is kindof a D&D(of some edition)-heavy board.

An Official poll where you can change your votes, and still only vote once, on the main enworld page, running for a few months, would be awesome, and give me a much better idea of where the community stands. but alas, that isnt there right now. :p

I still find the numbers interesting. :)

Chrono22

Banned
Banned
I wouldn't hold your breath^
The last time a poll like this went up, someone decided to vote 200 times in the span of an hour, so the choice he wanted would "win".
I think it's bizarre that people point out bias simply because these polls happen on an internet forum or on a computer. Last time I checked, gamers as a generality are technologically proficient (moreso than most of the population). Nothing about either edition really points to one side having a monopoly on computers. Both have electronic aids, both have internet presences.

Last edited:

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I think the poll shows exactly what we all know - that the EN World community is divided on its edition preference.

Big revelation there, eh? :D

Stormonu

Legend
Hehe, well it is funny to be one of the only people who voted that they play WoD the most. I love the system (the old one that is, I think New WoD is a load of BS... then again the whole promethean idea is awesome... but watering down & combing all the Vampire clans :eek: okay enough rambling in brackets!) & I don't think I would keep rp'ing as much as I do if I couldn't play it ^_^.

However, I also play a lot of 4ed D&D as a lot of my friends like that as well.

Part of that is likely this is a primarily D&D forum, I'm sure the WW forums are full of folks that'd put WoD as their first game choice :). BTW, to continue the threadjack, I find myself primarily prefering nWoD - as far as Vampire & Hunter goes, though I think it was a poor decision to split the basic rules between two books (core rules & themed book like Hunter, Vampire, etc). And sincerely miss the Tremere. Werewolf, on the other hand, I liked the oWoD version much better.

Sylrae

First Post
I actually prefer WoD for mechanics (oWoD combat, nWoD skills & character creation), but they aren't my preferred styles of settings. I voted 3.5 derivatives/pathfinder, personally. They support the types and quantities of magic I'd like, even if I'm not fond overmuch of levels and classes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads