What do people play more of nowadays?

What game do you play most/have the most interest in?

• Poll closed .

MortonStromgal

First Post
Shadowrun... Oh I complain about freaky mechanics in all editions and how goofy the premise is but man do I gobble up the books and love reading them and playing/running it. What I really want is Ubiquity Cyberpunk with a good city book and some awesome adventures, but that doesn't exist.

VtM and Dark Ages Vampire both get an honorable nod to. But they don't have anything new and shiny to buy.

Scribble

First Post
Shadowrun... Oh I complain about freaky mechanics in all editions and how goofy the premise is but man do I gobble up the books and love reading them and playing/running it. What I really want is Ubiquity Cyberpunk with a good city book and some awesome adventures, but that doesn't exist.

VtM and Dark Ages Vampire both get an honorable nod to. But they don't have anything new and shiny to buy.

I was looking through a shadowrun sourcebook the other day for the newest edition.... I found myself really missing the "comments" at the bottom of the page. I used to love reading them.

Whomever came up with that was really a futuremancer indeed.

Smoss

First Post
I play in a homebrew system friends made and GM my own RPG system. I just cant stand dealing with other systems anymore - I spoiled myself by creating a "perfect" system for my style. :)

Technically it might be considered OGL, but the mechanics have drifted further and further from it. I may eventually make a fourth edition of it after testing some new mechanics for damage (As changing to that would be a major overhaul).
--------------------
Smoss
Doulairen (Doulairen)
Or go directly to some details on my RPG:
RPG System (Doulairen)

Pathfinder interests me the most at the moment, but that doesn't describe my full range of RPG interest.

I'm interested in the following
  • Any Edition of DnD (including Pathfinder)
  • 7th Sea
  • Old World of Darkness

jcayer

Explorer
We've been playing 4E for almost 2 years now. We recently tried an AD&D delve, which everyone loved, and will be looking to give Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and maybe Traveller a try in the next 6-12 months.

rexartur

Explorer
We went from 3.5 to 4E when it came out, played that for 1 year, then Pathfinder for 1 year, now Hackmaster with Aces & Eights on the horizon. I have decided to come up with a rotating schedule of about 12 sessions per system, with a Byzantine weighted voting scheme in place based on participation but slightly favoring trying new games.
Yes. I made a game out of playing games.

Mallus

Legend
Our D&D 4e game, now on it's 4th DM in the rotation, is still going strong, and will probably keep going until the doomed Communist revolution we're semi-inadvertently fomenting does in several of the PC's (and their home city).

We also play M&M2e, and with luck we'll play it again, soon. Maybe a little Icons, too, once our paper copies ship.

One day I'll bring/conclude our long-running D&D 3.5e campaign which we converted to M&M2e.

I'd also like to play a FATE-derived game (Spirit of the Century, Starblazer Adventurers). People keep telling me that's the system all our campaign should be run in.

Festivus

First Post
Mostly play 4E, and prefer it. My friend is running a pathfinder game, which I don't enjoy playing as much (probably because A. I can't study the entire book and absorb all the rules, so I am constantly nose in book with it, and B. I can't seem to budget my actions appropriately because I am so used to how 4E works now).

I also have smattering of interest in the following, but don't play anywhere near a regular schedule:

Dread, Basic Fantasy RPG, Star Wars SAGA, Dragon Age RPG

Remove ads