What do you eat for a typical breakfast?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I just discovered Tajin seasoning in one of my local groceries’ produce section the other day, so I’m experimenting. It’s a Mexican spice blend with mild chiles, salt and powdered citric juice. The flavor is lime-forward with a very slightly warm finish.

Breakfast from 4 days ago:
Today’s breakfast: open faced ham, chicken, egg & cheese sandwich on toasted pita
VgjmPjQ.jpg

Buttered, toasted pita
2 pieces each of chicken and ham cold cuts
3 pieces of caramelized onion Monterey Jack cheese
Over medium egg
Tajin seasoning

After the pita was toasted and buttered and the egg was frying, I started assembling the sandwich. After piling everything on, I gave the cold cuts & cheese a quick zap in the microwave to slightly warm them and melt the cheese just a bit. Then the egg went on top. (I was intending to cook the egg over easy for a more EtG’s Benedict result, but got an ill-timed phone call.) Regardless, this was a winner!

In this experiment, I seasoned the egg with it during the frying process, but also sprinkled it on the naked buttered pita and again on the cold cuts. That ensured it would suffuse the entire dish.

Breakfast from 2 days ago:
Scrambled egg patty with American & smoked Gouda cheese, seasoned with Tajin, black pepper, and parsley.

2 pieces of sliced Black Forest ham

Toasted, buttered pita

Topped with a smear of roasted pepper salsa and sliced green onions

Richards

Legend
I hunted up those Banana Cream Pie Pop-Tarts and tried them this morning. They taste great right out of the package. I think I may have found a new at-work breakfast!

Johnathan

niklinna

satisfied?
Okay, this is pretty far afield from Geek Talk, but I just find it endlessly fascinating how people eat around the world.

What do you typically eat for breakfast?

On Weekdays, I tend to have a slice of sourdough toast (woo San Francisco, home of the sourdough!) with extra-chunky peanut butter, and a cup (or two) of coffee.

On Weekends, I sometimes make fried eggs with toast and avocado (woo California!), and I pair that with one to three cups of coffee (I love coffee).

What is your typical breakfast?
I usually have either a slice of rye crispbread with peanut butter and dates, or oatmeal with raisins, almonds, & cinnamon. (I'm in San Francisco too!)

Karelian Pies (a traditional finnish savory pastry, it’s a small rye crust filled with rice porridge), fried eggs and lemon juice is my usual breakfast.
I love karjalan piirakka! I've sometimes thought about opening a nordic bakery here in the San Francisco are just so I could have them (and all the other tasty breads), but I know nothing about the bakery business. I haven't been to Finland in about a decade, now....

Last edited:

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Coffee and a hard boiled egg. If there's leftover salmon from dinner the night before, that too.

Zardnaar

Legend
3 weeks of lockdown. Ending tomorrow booked in Sunday for breakfast at local restaurant. It will be 4 weeks to the day.

Sigh.

Otherwise oats, youghurt, peaches X28 days.

Zardnaar

Legend
Ate this stuff for 15 odd years growing up.

IMG_20211027_142617.jpg

Weetbix with yoghurt and canned peaches.

As a kid boiling water, milk, Suger.

By themselves 2.8% Suger, 1.4% fat. Butter and marmite served dry as a snack.

Dry.

IMG_20211027_142442.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211025_121932.jpg
    IMG_20211025_121932.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 66

Remove ads