D&D 5E What do you think of Fizban's races, subclasses feats and spells?

So an investigative adventure doesn't have a lot of fighting in it, and focuses on the unsettling and horror element more. Just because you feel like that means it ignores and skips levels one and two doesn't mean that everyone else feel that way, it was designed that way, or that a DM won't run it in three sessions instead of one five hour session.
It doesn't have much investigating in it either. There is no way you could stretch the level 1/2 content beyond 2 hours, and most of that would be playing with the pretend spirit board and not using any character abilities at all.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Pencil and Paper .... vs using D&D beyond or something that makes leveling faster.

I won't say that DnD Beyond isn't a faster way to level up, but I don't think it is so much faster as to make this big of a difference.

It could, but leveling up on paper doesn't take THAT long in my experience. The longest part is writing the text of new abilities, and if you are familiar enough with what those abilities are, you can skip that

ECMO3

Hero
I won't say that DnD Beyond isn't a faster way to level up, but I don't think it is so much faster as to make this big of a difference.

It could, but leveling up on paper doesn't take THAT long in my experience. The longest part is writing the text of new abilities, and if you are familiar enough with what those abilities are, you can skip that
Writing out spells, feats, abilities etc takes a ton of time in a group and every class gets something at every level. Much of this is because you typically only have one PHB and one of every other book at the table, so there is a lot of time spent "waiting your turn".

Last edited:

Remove ads