• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance What do you want from a Dragonlance 5e?

Tony Vargas

Legend
The Feywild wasn't a thing in 1st and 2nd edition cosmologies.
The idea of a Faerie/Otherworld is much older than D&D, of course.

I don't believe in the 1st edition Monster Manual the unicorn was either a celestial or a fey.
There was certainly no mention of them being native to the outer planes. OTOH, they lived in secluded woods and hung out with "sprites, dryads, and the like."

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
The Feywild wasn't a thing in 1st and 2nd edition cosmologies. Nor was the strict classification of monsters by type. I don't believe in the 1st edition Monster Manual the unicorn was either a celestial or a fey. It was just a magic horse with a horn on it's forehead.
It was Fey, because it fit a layman’s definition of a Fey creature.

In 5e, that forest would be a Fey realm full of Fey. 🤷‍♂️

Nathanael10

First Post
I want to prefice this with "no, I have no idea if Dragonlance is coming to 5e soon, or even ever. This is just fun spit-balling."

Dragonlance! D&D's epic high fantasy setting, complete with a series of novels and collection of modules, and it's pretty iconic art. But as fun as Dragonlance can be, it hasn't gotten an official supplement in years, and pretty much nothing for 5e.

But if it ever emerged for this edition... what would you want to see?

I'd like a big setting book much like Eberron's recently, but one that isn't just set in one time period, but instead straddles three eras in time; The War of the Lance,( Regroupement de prêt immo) the Chaos War, and the War of Souls, with guidelines for how to play in each period and details for each.

I'd also like that book to add new subraces, including Draconians for Dragonborn, and Kender for Halflings.

And if I'm really lucky, I'd like a Curse of Strahd style book for the original Dragonlance modules, that keeps many of those details but also expands it's scope to make them less railroads and more of a sandbox with different options.

What would you all like to see in a 5e Dragonlance?
Hello, I too would like a Curse of Strahd style book for the original Dragonlance modules! how we can get it

That’s getting rather nit picky since, other than humanoids, no monsters of any shape or form were given a “type” before 3e.
I would interpret it like this: Krynn does not have direct connection to the Feywild (or equivalent). Fey creatures exist but are native to Krynn.

beholdsa

Explorer
Dragonlance has long had the Hulkerfolk, who come from the Gray and who are the mysterious pregenitors of the fae. They appear at least as far back as the Tales of the Lance boxed set for 2e and also feature heavily in Taladas.

Remove ads