• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Happens When A D&D Player Falls Asleep?

I'm not sure this is the best advert for D&D, but what happens when you play Dungeons & Dragons online via a service such as Twitch, and one of the players falls asleep? And, to add insult to injury, begins to snore loudly? This video from Poke Your Eyes Out Games shows exactly this. The DM tries in vain to wake the player up, while the other players roll around with unrestrained mirth. This never happened in any of Wil Wheaton's or Vin Diesel's games!

I'm not sure this is the best advert for D&D, but what happens when you play Dungeons & Dragons online via a service such as Twitch, and one of the players falls asleep? And, to add insult to injury, begins to snore loudly? This video from Poke Your Eyes Out Games shows exactly this. The DM tries in vain to wake the player up, while the other players roll around with unrestrained mirth. This never happened in any of Wil Wheaton's or Vin Diesel's games!

You can watch the full session in a 45-minute Twitch stream here or just check out the all-important hilarious 2-minute section below.

[video=youtube;sz-RI43EinI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz-RI43EinI[/video]​

delericho

Legend
The last player to fall asleep at one of our games was ejected from the group. Though it's worth mentioning that this was a last straw from a problem player, rather than a first offense.

fjw70

Adventurer
The only time someone has fallen asleep in on of my games he was a volunteer firefighter that had been up for over 24 hours. We were playing at his place and he fell asleep on a couch in the room. We just kept playing and didn't disturb him, and when we were done we just left and made sure the place was locked up.

i have never played with anyone that had been drinking. I don't drink and prefer not to hang out with those that do (at least those that drink to excess and pass out).

S

Sunseeker

Honestly, same deal as if they had to leave early. If the game needs to progress, it does. If it can stop, sounds like a good time to shut down.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads