D&D 4E What has you excited about 4e?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Son_of_Thunder said:
I hope a dissenting opinion is welcome here, but my answer; Nothing, nothing at all.

moderator/
Nope, dissenting opinions not welcome in this thread. There are plenty of other threads for that, but this thread is for positivity.

Thanks

hargert

First Post
1. Mostly Warlocks being core so they my get something other then half a page in new products that come out down the road.
2. End of full attack actions
3. New spell system that lets caster do stuff.
4. Action points

Calico_Jack73

First Post
1) 5e Speculation threads on ENWorld :)
2) Easy Prep
3) Talent Trees
4) Warlocks fully supported
5) End of "Per-Day" magic

And

Based upon my experience with SW:SE
6) Skills are either trained or untrained. No more skill points.

Last edited:

Ahglock

First Post
Its a new edition of D&D. 3.X failed me in many ways and I haven't played it in years. I'm excited enough by my hopes of something good that I'm back on D&D boards. I want a good D&D system more than any other system. D&D is my favorite RPG genre so if this ends up being good I'll be thrilled. IMO 3.X is just like Shadowrun 4e a solid 1st edition remake of a classic game. Some serious flaws permeate the system but its core dynamic is a good idea for making the game fun again. So if 4e removes some of those flaws without adding to many new ones we will have a great system.

The facts are far to sketchy at the moment to excite me.

Lurks-no-More

First Post
The things I'm liking the best, so far at least, are the following:

* Wizards' implements (I'm hoping for the death of material components...)
* Races affecting you meaningfully throughout your adventuring career.
* All classes having at-will, per-encounter and per-day abilities.
* The class roles, but especially the leader.
* Feywild and Shadowfell; it seems overdue to integrate fey into D&D as something other than just annoying little tricksters.
* Less need to rely on magical items.

UndeadScottsman

First Post
Aristotle said:
As long as we aren't kidding ourselves about the Wizard's intentions here. We will eventually have just as many, or more if the market will take it, official products... and likely a new generation of 3rd party material as well. Those bookshelves will fill again.

Hence why I said "I'm not opposed to a big library, but I'll enjoy only having three simple books to start out with." :)

Shortman McLeod

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
Creating new societies, adventures and NPCs based on the consequences of the new rules.
New roles, character types and tactics to try out as Player or DM.
The Warlord - Armies need leaders and it sucks that bards are currently the best at it.

Odd, I've been playing D&D since 1981 and I've yet to come across an "army" in an adventure or campaign. Lots of adventuring groups, lots of bands of monsters, lots of tribes and villages and cities full of NPCs, but no "armies". Are you thinking Warhammer, perchance? (Although I'll grant you that the D&D Rules Cyclopedia had rules for mass combat between armies).

At any rate, I certainly hope that the 4e rules aren't assuming that players will be fighting as members of an army of some sort.

Remove ads