• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What I want our PW to be(A Poll) [UPDATE - CHAINMAIL DECIDED]

What PW do you want to see run... add comments below

• Hey guys I think Lodor is great now that I sort of have it figured out. Let’s stick with it… to hell

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I love POA! Let’s keep playing it, or I will lose sleep nights

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Hey lets give Seviss Isle another shot… It’s the world that Chainmail is based on and would be less

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Ready or not… I want Chainmail. Let’s play it and update as we go.

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Nordock… That’s the ticket. I’ve played it elsewhere, and even thought its sooo slow… I love it. Loa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think we should all scan the internet for another alternative. There must be one out there. Lets b

• None… I'm so frustrated I’m giving up all my possessions and joining a monastery.

Chaz

First Post
Greylock said:
I woouldn't dare put my Silky in Lodor. She was born in Chainmail, and got several level-ups via vPoA. I just hope her PoA gear is legal, for the [hopefully] eventual return of CM.

She would be toast in Lodor.
POA doesnt have item lev restriction on... chainmail DOES. If we switch over we will need a day or two notice so chars can un-equip their chars to be sure they are palyable in chainmail.

Peace

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Consider the notice given. Two days. Spread the word.

I don't want to hear any complaints about Chainmail, by the way! There will be no updates or fixes until the next Chainmail release is out - and that date is unknown. As in, I don't know when it is. Even approximately.

Last edited:

Greylock

First Post
Great to hear, Morrus. And thanks for the heads up for prepping our chars.

BTW, how do ILR's break down? What would be proper gear for an 4th, 8th, or 14th level char? Some idea, please...

And also, Morrus, a lot of what you saw as Chainmail hate was just pointing out bugs. I myself pointed out a lot of stuff, even though I really was having a good time. Don't let that stuff sway your opinion. Just pass it on the the developer.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Greylock said:
BTW, how do ILR's break down? What would be proper gear for an 4th, 8th, or 14th level char? Some idea, please...
I've no idea. Maybe it's in the NWN manual? Otherwise, I don't know how to find out.

Best bet - sell everything for cash and then spend the money once you get into Chainmail.

Greylock

First Post
OK. It doesn't help, though, that my primary Chainmail char is now nekkid and penniless after his last go at Lodor :mad: . Maybe I'll let him go on a OOC tear in PoA to at least put him in basic leathers with a sword or two. My other Chainmail char, Silky, is the one who concerns me. She really needs decent gloves, and I can't recall what was available in CM.

The manual, btw, is useless for questions like this. It is bare-bones when it comes to mechanics.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Incidentally, those who do choose to come to Chainmail with high level characters or characters with a lot of wealth or equipment will not get the full enjoyment of the module.

Personally, I don't see the point in it - you'll be bored pretty soon, and then when you finally decide to make a new character, you'll lose the element of discovery and suprise since you'll have seen it all while cruising through the mod as an epic level character.

But, I guess it's up to you. I'll be more interested in the low level folk discovering the mod slowly in the way it's intended.

Jesus_marley

First Post
Just so we are clear here... We are no way shape or form going back to PoA?
I ask this because I have several PoA chars that I really like and I would really hate to have them lose all their swag just to be dropped back into PoA without any goodies. If we are sticking with CM then I shall unequip my chars and have them on standby for when I have sufficiently explored the realm with Adelle (my hard earned level 3 CM fighter)

Greylock

First Post
Morrus said:
But, I guess it's up to you. I'll be more interested in the low level folk discovering the mod slowly in the way it's intended.

I haven't gotten any char to that level yet. My main PoA char made it to 14th level and he started to bore me. My two CM chars are much more to pleasing to me now. Both are around 7th, 8th. Hardest parts gained already in CM, which is why they are itching to go back. As said above, one is quite poverty stricken now. And my halfing is still QUITE weak in spite of where her levels stand.

My low-level Barbarian/Fighter I made for Lodor wouldn't mind stretching out a bit, too.

Greylock

First Post
Just curious, but are you going to reload PoA so we can, uhmmm, unencumber our chars? The server was down for a long bit, and I expected to see PoA when it came back on, but it was Lodor when I got back in.

Selling ILP gear in Lodor is impossible. You go in unequipped. Or is that what you want us to do? If that's the case, it is a bummer that my halfling still has some CM gear :(.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Greylock said:
Just curious, but are you going to reload PoA so we can, uhmmm, unencumber our chars? The server was down for a long bit, and I expected to see PoA when it came back on, but it was Lodor when I got back in.
Done.

Remove ads