• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What I want our PW to be(A Poll) [UPDATE - CHAINMAIL DECIDED]

What PW do you want to see run... add comments below

• Hey guys I think Lodor is great now that I sort of have it figured out. Let’s stick with it… to hell

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I love POA! Let’s keep playing it, or I will lose sleep nights

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Hey lets give Seviss Isle another shot… It’s the world that Chainmail is based on and would be less

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Ready or not… I want Chainmail. Let’s play it and update as we go.

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Nordock… That’s the ticket. I’ve played it elsewhere, and even thought its sooo slow… I love it. Loa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think we should all scan the internet for another alternative. There must be one out there. Lets b

• None… I'm so frustrated I’m giving up all my possessions and joining a monastery.

Well my char I took into POA from Chainmail was 5th level. He is now 17th I'll unequip him for potential later use. Same goes for my 16th level rogue/ranger/sd I'll unequip him.

Now as to Nar my character from Lodor I went through hell to keep him alive and had him actualy reach 6th level he is going to Chainmail with me. Similar level to my last Chainmail char. As to gear some potions, enchanted leather which gives +2 ac bonus, a +1 sling, gloves of spell craft, and a staff that is +1 vs constructs(only because I can't sell it). and maybe my god ring which is +1 wis, +1 save poison and disease.

My concern is that my Lodor char has a subrace of Sylvan hopefully this wont impact him being used in Chainmail.

cantrip

Explorer
The module should give you a chance to select a new subrace or to ignore the subrace field altogether. I just tested it and having something written in subrace actually seems to work out better than if it's empty. My half-elven character didn't get the dialog, but my sylvan druid did.

The available elven subraces are:

dark elf (IIRC, drow works too)
+2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Int, +2 Cha; +2 racial bonus on Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities; darkvision; sensitive to bright light; spell resistance; darkness spell-like ability; +2 level adjustment; females have cleric as their favored class.

moon elf
default elf.

sun elf
+2 Int, -2 Con.

wild elf
+2 Dex, -2 Int; sorcerer as favored class.

wood elf
+2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Int, -2 Cha; ranger as favored class.

Last edited:

Greylock

First Post
First player who makes a drow is inviting PvP. Will the mods be nice and look the other direction?

cantrip said:
wood elf
+2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Int, -2 Cha; ranger as favored class.

Wood Elves shouldn't get a -2 CHA, but that's the way they are written in the FRCS. Seems harsh to me. I prefer Green Ronins take. Wood Elves don't take the CHA penalty in their book.

Doshi

First Post
Thanks for the poll Chaz. I'm sure we all appreciate the help with making up our minds. I'm surprised that only 12 of us responded; there must be more than that, that play [semi-]regularly?

Chaz

First Post
Thanks Morrus for the idea of putting up a poll. And thanks for running the 24/7 ENWorld NWN PW.

Just a note to everyone.... I know its been talked about already, but be sure to load up all your chars and un-equip or sell off items. You can probably sell the items in chainmail, but for sure dont have them equipt. Im pretty sure Morrus isnt going to like getting a bunch of "I cant load my char because of him/her having illegal items equipt" type messages.

Peace :D

Celia_Gyweth

First Post
I'm readly

Yep, I haven't been around much since I had to move. But I have been reading the forums and tested Lodor. ICK.

Since my 19th level Wizard/Fighter has lost all items and gold due to Lodor, Celia hasn't much had a foot to stand on. But she is ready.

Plus her user will probably start a charecter or two to see Chainmail, from the wrong side of the tracks :)

Morrus said:
Consider the notice given. Two days. Spread the word.
It has now been 2 days. Are you leaving POA up a bit longer for the late comers? Or will you be doing the change over today? Just curious as if I can I want to play tonight and preferabley on Chainmail and not POA with my new character.

Celia_Gyweth

First Post
Just curious

I'm wondering what folks are going to do once Chainmail goes live.

Are you going to bring your leveled charcter in from PoA/Lodor and rampage the world of Chainmail, or start fresh? Personally, I'll prolly do a bit of both, but I'm curious to know what others are planning on doing.

-Celia

Elendiel

First Post
I'll start new chars mostly. I may use old, BIG ones when I get bored or stuck. I don't want to do that too much, though, because most of them have the money and level needed to buy a hold, which would be unfair (holds being severely limited in number) to new chars and/or players. And when you have the means, it's hard not to give in and buy it...

Nice seeing you and other oldtimers (Asmo, Valn), who had vanished, back in the fray, Celia. ;)

-- Pierre-Paul

Remove ads