• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What I want our PW to be(A Poll) [UPDATE - CHAINMAIL DECIDED]

What PW do you want to see run... add comments below

• Hey guys I think Lodor is great now that I sort of have it figured out. Let’s stick with it… to hell

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I love POA! Let’s keep playing it, or I will lose sleep nights

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Hey lets give Seviss Isle another shot… It’s the world that Chainmail is based on and would be less

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Ready or not… I want Chainmail. Let’s play it and update as we go.

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Nordock… That’s the ticket. I’ve played it elsewhere, and even thought its sooo slow… I love it. Loa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think we should all scan the internet for another alternative. There must be one out there. Lets b

• None… I'm so frustrated I’m giving up all my possessions and joining a monastery.

cantrip

Explorer
I have at least one character who has reached fairly high levels during the earlier chainmail run, so I'll likely take her out of semi-retirement...
I'll try not to create any more characters until I either level up or give up on the hordes of low level characters in my folder already:)

Celia_Gyweth

First Post
Indeed!

Elendiel said:
I'll start new chars mostly. I may use old, BIG ones when I get bored or stuck. I don't want to do that too much, though, because most of them have the money and level needed to buy a hold, which would be unfair (holds being severely limited in number) to new chars and/or players. And when you have the means, it's hard not to give in and buy it...

I'm a tad confused. When I took Celia into Lodor, she lost all her items and gold. When I brought her back into PoA, she only had what she brought with her from Lodor. What is this I hear about charecters from other mods having money after Lodor?[/QUOTE]

Elendiel said:
Nice seeing you and other oldtimers (Asmo, Valn), who had vanished, back in the fray, Celia. ;)

-- Pierre-Paul

It's great seeing you all too. It will be nice to be in a world where other players are friendly. VERY nice.

Last edited:

Elendiel

First Post
I was wise enough, for once, not to risk my chars and their hard-earned (?) gold from PoA into Lodor. So I'm talking PoA characters brought to Chainmail, not Lodor ones -- of which I have only one, who made it eventually to level 3 or 4 with 0 gold by staying near a tree that kept resurrecting him so he could finish the big mean polar bear after his seventh or eleventh death...

Yes, I have seen exactly two areas from Lodor, the human village and some kind of semi-arctic wilderness near it. It was more than enough, too. ;)

-- Pierre-Paul

Celia_Gyweth

First Post
Wish I'd thought of that.

Elendiel said:
I was wise enough, for once, not to risk my chars and their hard-earned (?) gold from PoA into Lodor. So I'm talking PoA characters brought to Chainmail, not Lodor ones -- of which I have only one, who made it eventually to level 3 or 4 with 0 gold by staying near a tree that kept resurrecting him so he could finish the big mean polar bear after his seventh or eleventh death...

Yes, I have seen exactly two areas from Lodor, the human village and some kind of semi-arctic wilderness near it. It was more than enough, too. ;)

-- Pierre-Paul

Although I did bring a low level charecter into Lodor as well. And had similar problems as you describe above. Yuck!

I do wonder though, how Morrus will handle our charecters from PoA. Will he run Chainmail in "allow local charcter" mode for a few days, or do something else to import our charecters?

Our characters are stored on the server.
When new module is uploaded our chars are still there alowing us to use them in any module running on the server.

valn

First Post
Hey!

it's good to see you all!! :)

Well, I've tried to log-in to unequip Kebur (I'm assuming PoA is still loaded?) but I still have 1.64, so I guess it'll have to wait :/

The PW I currently play on is still running 1.64, so I dare not upgrade for now.
I don't mind starting a new PC for Chainmail, but I wanted to have Keb as back-up. Bah!

I haven't played this Lodor at all, but from all the comments, it doesn't seem very appealing. But one question: did you all play solo, or did some of you form parties? Because that's completely different. I mean, we all know how PoA is, when you play it alone. There are nasty special surprises for you. ;)

In my experience, NWN comes truly alive when other players, and even moreso with a DM around.

Anyway, I'll find some time to play here.

see you and Happy New Year!

valn

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, I'm switching the modules over now. Chainmail, here we come. And remember - no complaints! I didn't design it, and the next update date is completely unknown. It could be a week, it could be six months.

Greylock

First Post
valn said:
But one question: did you all play solo, or did some of you form parties? Because that's completely different. I mean, we all know how PoA is, when you play it alone.

Lodor is consigned to the dustbin now, so it doesn't really matter, but partying was hard there. The place was unappealing enough that few stuck around for long. That, and your character had no choice in where he/she started play. You started in your racial home town. And as has been noted, it was danged hard to get very far from where you started.

The one and only time I actually ran into another pc, he was well beneath my char's level.

Celia_Gyweth

First Post
Well well...

Morrus said:
OK, I'm switching the modules over now. Chainmail, here we come. And remember - no complaints! I didn't design it, and the next update date is completely unknown. It could be a week, it could be six months.

I managed to play for about 4 hours before loosing my net connection (for 20 minutes! grrr), and have to say it's looking decent enough.

Should know one mind, in a week or two I'll post a .pdf to notes I've taken. They won't be spoilers, just stuff to help newbies get adjusted.

I could post stuff now, but they might sound more like complaints, and that's not really how I feel I want to present information.

All in all, I am happy with Chainmail. The truth of it all I guess, will be more open in a couple of weeks.

Oh, and hey, Elendiel..dude! It was nice to see you after like 3 months! Hugs :)

Remove ads