D&D General What is the most ludicrous multiclassed monstrosity that you've actually played?

For a 2 Level Max challenge I made a Moon 2/Bladesinger 2/Barbarian 2.
So I was a Raging, Bladesinging, Dire Wolf who would howl during battle for the roleplay aspect of Bladesinging. :cool:

Obligatory mention of the Abserd build here from Puffin Forest.

Craziest actual character I've played in 5e was a gestalt artificer / battle chef (a homebrew class we found online). The character was entirely focused around cooking. I was mostly an alchemist build artificer but it was heavily altered. His gimmick was being obsessed with cooking pies and pastries, and had a mechanic where he not only fought with cookware (eventually a flame tongue frying pan) and made a bunch of daily healing items called Morsels which were basically free healing potions.

It wasn't exactly a damage king build or anything, especially with a party of other gestalt characters, but it was an insanely versatile support build. I themed all my spells around food, like faerie fire was a sack of flour, burning hands was eating a hot chili pepper, etc., and he had a pet homunculus named Blueberry.

The idea we were going for from the game was we were isekai'd / stuck in an MMO game, and our characters were the in game character avatars for us. One of us played a min-maxing power gamer, another a hardcore "roleplayer" that rarely broke character, and my chef was the weird kid with a sh%&&y internet connection who was obsessed with all the random useless in game side professions (like pets, fishing, and cooking) and had somehow savanted his way into a build that would never be recommended by any optimization guide but somehow provided amazing raid buffs. He was tolerated despite his tendency to lag or accidentally stand in the fire during boss fights because the food buffs were "Party bound" and amazing enough to compensate for them raiding and carrying his ass, and his cafe/coffee shop was a solid money maker for the guild. T'was a fun character.

jgsugden

Legend
The one from 5E that most people balk at, but really should not is a religious archer/assassin. A tiefling descended from Glasya (Daughter of Asmodeus and a Lord/Lady of the 9 Hells), Myska Urge began her career as a ranger hunting in the underdark, but she preached about how her ancestor, Asmodeus, was a necessary evil and should be praised for his efforts in fighting the Blood War. She delved out Asmodeus' 'justice' from a great distance and became one of his most feared enforcers in the Mortal World.

Her build? 5 classes.

Glasya Tielfling Courtier: Gloomstalker Ranger 5, Cleric of Order 1, Divine Soul Sorcerer 5, Battlemaster Fighter 4, Assassin Rogue 3, Divine Soul Sorcerer 3 more (to 20).

She began as an archer, then spent levels 6 to 11 focusing on her faith towards Lord Asmodeus, and then levels 12 to 20 (while still faithful to Asmodeus) focused on making her better as an Alpha Strike Assassin. She retired from adventuring and founded a school that trained mortals to serve Asmodeus' goals in the Prime, and then travel and fight in the Blood War.

I enjoyed her so much that I am 'rerunning' her in a second campaign. This is the only 5E PC that reached high levels that I have decided to 'rerun' - although the 2nd game may have, unfortunately, stalled out.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Back in 3.5 I somehow used a changeling specific rogue PrC to qualify for mystic the urge Arcane+divine prc & took levels in it without ever first taking caster class levels. I forget the specifics aside from maybe the changing prc letting you learn a spell at a couple of points

Fauchard1520

Adventurer
Back in 3.5 I somehow used a changeling specific rogue PrC to qualify for mystic the urge Arcane+divine prc & took levels in it without ever first taking caster class levels. I forget the specifics aside from maybe the changing prc letting you learn a spell at a couple of points
I feel like answering this question with 3.5 is the correct strat. Good show. :D

OB1

Jedi Master
Drixel Habblepox - Forest Gnome, started as a Wild Magic Sorcerer (5) before making a Fey Warlock (5) pact with an insane Greater Fey named Bah Mistal and eventually decided to become a Glamour Bard (3) when he and the party took over a carnival. Also took the Tavern Brawler feat because he was always getting into trouble with his mouth in bars and had found a Belt of Hill Giant Strength in a treasure horde.

jasper

Rotten DM
Ninja in 1e used the fighter xp chart and d12 as hit dice. He was FAT. Fighter Assassin Thief Had all the abilities and none of the drawbacks of those classes. 1/2 round up Wizard. 1/2 round down as Illusionist. Could not use Illusion spells to cause damage.

Quartz

Hero
3E was made for multi-classing.

I remember conjuring a Fighter / Rogue / Royal Herald / some other PrC that advanced spellcasting - I called him the accidental archmage.

Remove ads