D&D General what is the worst race in dnd?

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
so benefit of doubt and all but just noting that mongoloid is an obsolete term and offensive in many ways, so use of it is best avoided.
Yes, I believe it was in 2019 (I could be wrong...) that this was "officially" refuted in the genetic distinctions between the "main 3 races".

Many people are still not aware of this IME.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Yes, I believe it was in 2019 (I could be wrong...) that this was "officially" refuted in the genetic distinctions between the "main 3 races".

Many people are still not aware of this IME.
It’s been scientific consensus for a lot longer that there’s no meaningful genetic distinction between racial groups. There is in fact more genetic diversity within racial groups than there is between them. The whole “three/four main races” idea is nothing but scientific racism.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I grew up on the 70s/80s, so weird and unusual races were pretty common 😂. Between DnD and TMNT…

I even played a fully dwarf once. The whole thing was to keep people thinking he was an incompetent idiot while sneaking into places and backstabbing.

I’d hav to say the weirdest official race would probably have to be those blobs in spelljammer.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
Raptorians are bad, but I'd also like to do a callout for Jerren. One of the two races from the Book of Vile Darkness, they're just evil halflings. Which apparently makes them their own stand-alone thing

The Vashar at least had a neat idea of a story behind them, even if everything past their origin was dumb (especially due to their stats being "Humans except you can only pick EVIL feats")

Zardnaar

Legend
Raptorians are bad, but I'd also like to do a callout for Jerren. One of the two races from the Book of Vile Darkness, they're just evil halflings. Which apparently makes them their own stand-alone thing

The Vashar at least had a neat idea of a story behind them, even if everything past their origin was dumb (especially due to their stats being "Humans except you can only pick EVIL feats")

Always thought those races were Drow equivalents since Dwarves had Duergar already.

Vaalingrade

Legend

Calling something that came from the BoVD or BoED the worst is like shooting fish in a barrel though. They're the worst two books in the official publication history. And I'm including the book with a class that literally got worse at using its abilities as it levels until it couldn't. Because at least Incarnum was a good idea.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
The race that has been the absolute biggest pain in my ass as a DM has been Kender, BUT that has not been a result of how Kender are written or portrayed in official D&D products. It has solely been a product of jerk players whose idea of fun is to make the game suck for everybody else.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
Calling something that came from the BoVD or BoED the worst is like shooting fish in a barrel though. They're the worst two books in the official publication history. And I'm including the book with a class that literally got worse at using its abilities as it levels until it couldn't. Because at least Incarnum was a good idea.
I will defend BoED for exactly one thing: It knew what it had to do race wise, hence why it gave the Baurier as an 'actually intended to be playable', along with giving a whole heap of Archons, Eladrin and Guardinals stuff.

I mean, they weren't great, but it at least went "Okay, here are Neat Ideas you might want to play". Meanwhile the best BoVD can do is 'i dunno what if halflings were murder-hobos as an entirely new race'

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases