D&D General what is the worst race in dnd?

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
Oh yeah, I mean, they have Walrus-men. Is there anyone who ever said to themselves, "man, I wish I could play an anthropomorphic Walrus in D&D"?
We're absolutely hoping for walrus men in Warcraft....

Mind Warcraft warlus men are a different beast from D&D ones

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Oh yeah, I mean, they have Walrus-men. Is there anyone who ever said to themselves, "man, I wish I could play an anthropomorphic Walrus in D&D"?
1. I guarantee you the answer is yes.
2. WoW has also done walrus-men.
3. I know at least one video game critic (Josh "Strife" Hayes) who appreciated the existence of walrus-people in one of the MMOs he's reviewed.

So while it is certainly out there, it's not as bizarro as you might think. This is one of several reasons why I have such a dim view of things like the infuriatingly official phrase "the true exotics" and other ghettoizing terms for fantastical creatures.

World of Warcraft made orcs, minotaurs, and trolls core, playable races, while eschewing halflings of any form. The Elder Scrolls made lizardfolk and catfolk core, playable races, while eschewing halflings and explicitly making it so dwarves do not exist...at least, not anymore.

Doing something a little different or divergent is how you build new traditions. Sometimes it won't work. Sometimes it will.

Shadowdweller00

Adventurer
World of Warcraft made orcs, minotaurs, and trolls core, playable races, while eschewing halflings of any form. The Elder Scrolls made lizardfolk and catfolk core, playable races, while eschewing halflings and explicitly making it so dwarves do not exist...at least, not anymore.
I do wish the dwemer and all of their things would just GO AWAY, for all of their vaunted "no longer existing" :p

Last edited:

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Believe me, they don't fulfill the dragon people aesthetic either, and I see all the appeal of. How we got scaly, tailless, wingless dwarves from the cat-based dragons of 3-4e, I will never know.
the scaly makes sense, wings would get them banned at most tables, the lack of tails you are absolutely right on.

races who are cat-like tend to either be cats or elves for some reason plus a social dragon is going to need to be rather different from the giant solitary predators that true dragons are if only to build a society.
1. I guarantee you the answer is yes.
2. WoW has also done walrus-men.
3. I know at least one video game critic (Josh "Strife" Hayes) who appreciated the existence of walrus-people in one of the MMOs he's reviewed.

So while it is certainly out there, it's not as bizarro as you might think. This is one of several reasons why I have such a dim view of things like the infuriatingly official phrase "the true exotics" and other ghettoizing terms for fantastical creatures.

Doing something a little different or divergent is how you build new traditions. Sometimes it won't work. Sometimes it will.
how are walrus people even exotic they are just anthropomorphic animals not exotic, now a singular gestalt race would be exotic like the hunters from halo or the modular people(warning do not look up if body horror scares you)

Remove ads