• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is with all the Hivemind threads?

Zogg

First Post
From what I can tell they are nothing more than an excuse for people to engage in chat in the main forum. What's up with that?

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Oh, ye gods, not again.

Just look through this forum for the innumerable Hivemind threads where people ask the same question, and you can read the answers there.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Your definition is fairly accurate, Zogg; it's effectively a chat thread. Only one is allowed at a time. Feel free to join if if you like! And if it isn't for you, please just click around them.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
It's worth mentioning that the admins have requested that when a thread reaches the vacinity of 400 posts it is abandoned and a new thread started. This is done to keep the server load in check, if I am not mistaken. At that time you will notice two HIVE threads while the full one sinks into oblivion.

Also, sometimes I think folks get upset because a particular thread of their own (or one in which they have some interest) isn't getting the attention it might deserve, simply do to the predilections of whoever is online at that time. It bears mentioning that the folks of the HIVE are usually quite bored and dropping into a HIVE thread to say "Hello" and asking them to pop into another thread is not uncommon. Just be sure to provide a link. It's often a great way to jumpstart a thread that is sinking or point out a thread that may have accidently gone unnoticed.

The HIVE is friendly and can be enticed to swarm to other threads. Of course once you have done so, you have inadvertently become a part of the HIVE yourself... :eek:

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
Swwwwaaaarrrrrmmmmmm..........

.... SSSWWWWWWAAAAARRRRMMMM!!!

Attachments

• swarm.jpg
    swarm.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 167

reapersaurus

Explorer
the point is lost unless you watched the old Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends cartoon and remember the classic "Swarm" episode, and you caught Mark's statement about the Hive:
The HIVE is friendly and can be enticed to swarm to other threads.
If you fulfill both criteria, I'm sure it's a very funny reference (and applicable).

Henry

Autoexreginated
Reapersaurus, just to let you know - that got a laugh outta me. I had forgotten about that old villain.

SSSWWWWAAAARRMMM! SSSWWWWAAAARRMMM!

-----------

Hivemind threads - join 'em, or click around 'em! :)

I think I'm gonna adopt that as my new .sig - if Piratecat doesn't mind. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads