D&D 5E What Level(s) Are Your Character(s)?

What Level(s) Are Your Character(s)?

• 1st Level

• 2nd Level

• 3rd Level

• 4th Level

• 5th Level

• 6th Level

• 7th Level

• 8th Level

• 9th Level

• 10th Level

• 11th Level

• 12th Level

• 13th Level

• 14th Level

• 15th Level

• 16th Level

• 17th Level

• 18th Level

• 19th Level

• 20th Level

• An UnExPeCtEd and uNiQuE answer!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mezuka

Hero
Last 5e campaign stopped when Covid started. The characters were level 8, almost at level 9. The group disbanded soon after. My intention was to finish the arc story at level 10. They started level 3.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
  • 3rd level Goliath Nature Cleric (Hoard of Dragon Queen)
  • 6th level Scourge Aasimar Devotion Paladin 1st level Hexblade Warlock (Dragon Heist who occasionally shows up in Mad Mage)
  • 7th level Goblin Astral Self Monk 1st level Rogue (Candlekeep)
  • 9th level Tabaxi Creation Bard (Icewind Dale)
  • 13th level Levistus Tiefling Chaos Sorcerer (Mad Mage)
  • 13th level Forest Gnome Divination Wizard (Out of the Abyss) - theoretically on hiatus, but we did play a session with those characters right before the pandemic. So I'd say still rolling.

Voadam

Legend
My current game I DM the PCs are 5th level. It has been weekly (mostly, we are scheduled for weekly but a bunch of cancellations) online games for about a year now. I am running a 5e conversion of the pathfinder Iron Gods adventure path so the levelling has been milestone based along the AP suggestions. It has been a different feel and pace running shorter (3 hour) games than I did in person.

I included all my 5e campaigns where we played longer than a few weeks. Most of them are retired, but we played them for a while. Two were 20th level, one 13th, one 8th, and the present campaign is 6th.

Yora

Legend
Still, no evidence to dispute the common wisdom that D&D is rarely played above 15th level.
It's all anecdotal, but claims that it's not true have even less support behind them.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Still, no evidence to dispute the common wisdom that D&D is rarely played above 15th level.
It's all anecdotal, but claims that it's not true have even less support behind them.
Well no, this survey isn't meant to be an actual study. It's for entertainment purposes only.

The only "evidence" it has: it is evident that out of 78 voters, 19 of them have characters above 15th level. About 1/4th. Is that a small enough fraction for it to be considered "rare"? I don't think so. I mean, I don't think of Fridays as rare occurrences, and only 1 out of every 7 days is a Friday.

Huh. The number of characters of 4th - 8th level is greater than the number of all other levels combined.

I wonder what this says about the "sweet spot" of 5E.

My longstanding opinion is Tier 2 is the sweet spot of 5E. Most campaigns I played in ended around 10th level. I believe there is a reason they ran out of gas at that point.

Remove ads